• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A friend of mine who runs one of the annual shows at the Fair Grounds told me the State Fairgrounds Management will not let the 1500 move to the more desireable Blue Ribbon Building, because they have had too many holes shot in the ceiling of that old building, and don't want any gunshot damage in the newer building.

BigBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010
    Greentown,In
    Never ever ever had an AD or a ND with my finger off the trigger! or on it either,since i only discharge intentionally.
    Unload at your vehicle,or dont carry in a loaded weopon and it wouldnt happen.
    Of course most people I know are responsble Gun owners and handlers.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Never ever ever had an AD or a ND with my finger off the trigger! or on it either,since i only discharge intentionally.
    True, but there's a learning curve for beginners and how others react to a ND/AD can help or hurt the "shooters" future handling capabilities. This is why muzzle control is so important above all other things. When I first got my XD.45 I wasn't familiar with the platform and I'll admit, I had a ND. Shot that floor dead! I was scared half to death when it happened, but with encouragement followed by good advice walked away a MUCH better and safer person.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    True, but there's a learning curve for beginners and how others react to a ND/AD can help or hurt the "shooters" future handling capabilities. This is why muzzle control is so important above all other things. When I first got my XD.45 I wasn't familiar with the platform and I'll admit, I had a ND. Shot that floor dead! I was scared half to death when it happened, but with encouragement followed by good advice walked away a MUCH better and safer person.

Everybody has to start somewhere just being safe is the key:yesway: A guy yesterday put me off from his booth as I was looking at some older stuff in his case when he was talking to a customer waving his bersa around at everybody in the area. I know that it is most likely not loaded but you don't wave it around just because you are a hand talker:rolleyes:

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    AD's or ND's, I don't know the terminology, but i went yesterday at 8:00am, found what i was looking for within 20 minutes, browsed for another hour, and left as it got busy....outside the waiting line was down the building and around the corner.

Avoid the crowds i say.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    A friend of mine who runs one of the annual shows at the Fair Grounds told me the State Fairgrounds Management will not let the 1500 move to the more desireable Blue Ribbon Building, because they have had too many holes shot in the ceiling of that old building, and don't want any gunshot damage in the newer building.

LOL!!!!

South Pavillion is bigger than the Blue Ribbon. West Pavallion is larger than both.

They could rent all the buildings they wanted to. It is all about the $$$$$
    and open dates.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    LOL!!!!

South Pavillion is bigger than the Blue Ribbon. West Pavallion is larger than both.

and open dates.
    i never realized they were in the second largest building already geesh that just makes you appreciate how big the show actually is.

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010

agreed, i leave mine at home for the day so I dont have to fool with it or leave it in the car in the parking lot. :dunno::popcorn:

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    thread jack: I think we should have the 1500 at Lucas Oil stadium. it would be big enough and they could open the roof and wouldn't have to worry about AD/ND in the roof!

The huge crowd and small isles were really starting to wear on the ppl about 3:30 yesterday.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LOL!!!!

and open dates.

Is the South Pavilion where the 1500 is right now? I'm a vendor at the Mopar Swap meet in March. About eight years ago, Indy Cylinder head moved from where the 1500 presently is to the Blue Ribbon Pavilion, because they flat ran out of room in the old building. Keep in mind, there is a Noth and South Hall in the BRP.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    Is the South Pavilion where the 1500 is right now? I'm a vendor at the Mopar Swap meet in March. About eight years ago, Indy Cylinder head moved from where the 1500 presently is to the Blue Ribbon Pavilion, because they flat ran out of room in the old building. Keep in mind, there is a Noth and South Hall in the BRP.
    Indiana State Fairgrounds

the 1500 is in the south pavilion now

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Yes south pavillion.

BRP still has less SqF than south pavillionb but BRP connects the Champions Pavillion giving the effect they are all the BRP.

If the 1500 wanted more space they could use the west pavillion and the northwest, since there is a direct connection. Thus security could be better addressed

Many years ago when the northwest was redone the gun show was in there. I still have some 7.62 small wood crates I picked up the following day. Great shotgun shell box storage.:D

Last edited:

cswan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Howard County
    Yep I heard it too. Sounded like it was right there at the exit where everyone loads after exiting. I had just walked through bout 30 seconds before I heard the shot.

Top Bottom