• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I got invited to go shooting today and I got to shoot a Sig .308 AR. It was awesome!!!!! I didn't try for groups but just wanted to get a feel for the rifle. It was very comfortable and I was surprised at the lack of recoil. I may have to get me one in the future!!!!!!!

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    LMT's are really good. Not quite an AR10 for parts interchangeability, but a high quality rifle for sure and I would say better than an AR10. And more accurate than I can shoot!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I remember when I first shot a friends LR308, needless to say I had one shortly there after :D. its a pretty awesome like you said shooting that size of caliber with that little of recoil. Just a word of advice, you may want to take up reloading, 20 rd mags of 308 can get a bit pricy lol....

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    LMT's are really good. Not quite an AR10 for parts interchangeability, but a high quality rifle for sure and I would say better than an AR10. And more accurate than I can shoot!

I have a LMT MWS and there are quite a few parts that are interchangeable within the AR10 platform.
    attachment.php

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    My first AR was a DPMS AP4 in 308. They're fun and they carry a lot of punch. It's amazing the felt recoil out of different 308 platforms, how a carbine gas system feels compared to a midlength, piston vs. DI.

They're fun but can be a PITA when it comes to parts compatibility.

I have a POF 308 now, 20" barrel. It's not a short blaster carbine but it might be one day, attempting long range shooting with it now (when I get the time and the loads). If it doesn't do long range like I want it to, it might get rebarreled to 16" and become a blaster :) :ar15:

And I guess pics

Don't have this gun anymore (DPMS), but it's after I swapped lowers and put a longer forearm on it

POF, for the short time I tried the Luth MBA and before I got a better scope

And as she currently sits

I think building 308 ARs are more fun than 556 just because the little extra challenge and the bigger round.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    i just picked up a DPMS lr-308 the other day. only paid $750 for it so I couldn't pass it up. now I just need more money for a good scope and base and Ill be ready to shoot.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've had my DPMS G2 AP4 for several months. I love shooting it but I can't settle in with it like I can my AR-15s. Even though it's recoil is nothing like my bolt .308s, I'm still flinching a bit or something. Maybe need a Savage Accutrigger on it!

Matt

Top Bottom