• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Yep, especially if you're accustomed to steel-framed guns. The frame of a Glock weighs next to nothing, so it can feel top-heavy to folks who aren't used to it.

Also, even if you're used to the lighter aluminum frames, plastic can feel too flexible. My first Glock felt like it was going to break in half on some random shot. I tightened my grip and the feeling went away.

If you're already used to plastic, I got no idea what you're complaining about. :D

I'm used to my P89 Ruger... whole different gun there! :D

Last edited:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Bring that cute little chocolate bearer with ya, and it's a deal!
    I've got to get down to Mrs.Jay's sometime soon to pick up some more landscape stuff and I intend to get some trigger time in with the BFF out of the deal. When I know I'm showing up, I'll have him call you guys!

:hijack: much? :D lol

just kidding, really I'm cool with it.. DON'T HURT ME JETGIRL!!!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Nuh uh...it was ON TOPIC. Didn't you see the part where he's bringing a Glock?! :D

Its a chocolate Glock and we are going to shoot it. :rolleyes:

Seriously it took me a while to really like my G19. It seemed small to my hand and a little light compared to what I was carrying before (M9). I had the grip stippled and just shot it a whole bunch, now it's what I carry almost exculsively. I trust it and I can make it rock. I needed something smaller to conceal but still have the firepower of my Beretta. I don't mind dinging around or beating it up because it's cheaper to replace then my other guns.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Its a chocolate Glock and we are going to shoot it. :rolleyes:

Seriously it took me a while to really like my G19. It seemed small to my hand and a little light compared to what I was carrying before (M9). I had the grip stippled and just shot it a whole bunch, now it's what I carry almost exculsively. I trust it and I can make it rock. I needed something smaller to conceal but still have the firepower of my Beretta. I don't mind dinging around or beating it up because it's cheaper to replace then my other guns.

That's kinda where I'm at... like the Ruger P89, but it's like trying to conceal a brick! 'course while at work I'll have to go even smaller, but that's for another thread! :D

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I say try the 17 and reevaluate your decision. I thought the same thing after shooting my first Glock 19. I was a 1911 guy for a while and my wife wanted a glock. I bought her the 19 and she loved it. We took it to the range and after running 100 rounds through it I realized I shot it very well and now carry one myself.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom