• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Nice first post. It didn't appear to be a rant to me, just a very excited post :D

Shooting sports is a great hobby. Your family will hopefully come around with time. But remember you need to be able to protect yourself at all times. Because no one ever knows when or where the next bad guy will show up.

Stay safe and let us know how the next range trip goes :ar15:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    BTW- I saw that post your BF made about wanting to "pay for your itch". Sounds like a keeper! :welcome: to :ingo:
    Hopefully it's not the seven year kind:laugh:

erinu4-Congrats on your first time. Welcome to the wonderful sport of shooting and welcome to INGO. Lot's of great people and information here. (and the tasteless joke every now and then)

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome and glad to see more women joining this forum. A lot to be learned, make sure you take an NRA Basic Course to get familiar with all kinds of firearms. Most every club offers them including FCVCC - South of Anderson.

Don't worry about the family at this point, what's right for you may not be for them. Education is the key. Stand tall girl!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Welcome !!!! You just need more practice and you will be hitting those clays.
    As far as your sister....sometimes you just need to give them some time to get use to the idea. If it were my sister and she didn't want me to carry when I went to her house....even if I disagreed, I would respect her wishes.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Congratulations. My family used to give me "stuff" about my feelings on guns. I was the "Gun Nut" in the family. Now most of them have been converted. Take them out to the range, after you get things figured out. It is an easy sport to like.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Welcome to the shooting world! And to INGO! I think if people knew shooters who are active in the sports, they would change their minds about guns. The first competition I was in had .. an ex Green Beret, an LEO firearms instructer, ex Marine, a lawyer, a bank closer, and wives that shot as good as the men!There are many first rate people who responsibly own guns, looks like we've got one more.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Talk to them openly about guns and why you enjoy shooting. Talk about what you've learned about gun safety. Don't push just make it a part of the daily conversation. They will become more tolerant as you become more adept at your new hobbie.
    Then when you can knock down clays pretty well try to get them out to watch.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I openly carry my pistols around my family ,They used to be intimidated but got used to it & accepted it .I keep them in the holster & if the question arises from a friend or otherwise uninformed individual, My favorite response is usually that I carry A gun cause a cop is to heavy. Its your choice ,not your family's.They wont hate you ,they just fall into the media hype & hate guns

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Good first post! Go ahead and rant here. I grew up in a family where nobody was a recreational shooter. Now I have an obsession with shooting, reloading, gunsmithin'. It is a healthy disease. What Mgderf says, above, is the truth. Those who are not gun-nuts just don't understand. We are, we understand. AND after shooting for 30+ years, it still just thrills the crap out-a me when I go shooting.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I just found this tonight, and WELCOME !!!! They are a LOT of GOOD people here ... Ask just about anything YOU want, and someone will have an answer ...

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Congrats on not being afraid to try it, glad you like it, rep for you :rockwoot:

Boyfriend said he would pay for your LTCH....rep for him!! :rockwoot:

Hope your family comes around....if they dont, no rep for them :dunno:

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    ok i guess since this was brought back to life i can give and update.....

I did pay for her to get her ltch. she still doesn't carry or yet have a carry piece because we ran into an issue with lack of funds. but i see one in the near future.

Her family tends to accept the idea of me carrying and her mother actually wants me to take her to the range some time and teach her to shoot. knocking them down one at a time :rockwoot:

Top Bottom