• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flaydogg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    0   0   1
    Jul 20, 2010
    Warren
    I shot my Remington R1 1911 today, this is the first 1911 and the first .45 I have ever shot. All I can say is wow I can wow this is a nice shooting gun! I had a good grouping at 7 yards. I'm going to have to get a holster and carry this thing when my permit comes.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    First 1911.
    And the addiction begins....

Addiction ... "compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal" ... Yessir, you will have a complusive need for more 1911s. Yes, your tolerance for the 1911 will increase so that you cannot get enough. And yes, try getting rid of one and you will have withdrawal symptoms. :):

Joe K

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    Glad to hear that it performed well. I want to pick one of these up myself as soon as things calm down. Looks like a great entry level 1911.

Flaydogg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    0   0   1
    Jul 20, 2010
    Warren
    Yeah it is a great gun. I traded an old ak for it. I couldn't beat the trade, I think I did ok. The R1 was brand new at the gun store.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I shot my Remington R1 1911 today, this is the first 1911 and the first .45 I have ever shot. All I can say is wow I can wow this is a nice shooting gun! I had a good grouping at 7 yards. I'm going to have to get a holster and carry this thing when my permit comes.

Excellent choice, mine has also been great so far.:ingo:

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    In the motorcycle world that thread title has an entirely different meaning!

Enjoy the new toy!

airman0404

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    My first 1911 was also the Remington R1 SS. I love shooting it. It's accurate and really comfortable. I have close to 400 rounds though mine and its adddicting. I want to keep shooting. I want more guns in general but more 1911's will be in my futures. Enjoy your R1 and happy shooting

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    I just picked one of these up too, who has found IWB holsters, OWB holsters or after-market magazines (Wilson Combat) that they really like for their R1?

This is my first 1911 and I want to get it out on the range and then in my EDC rotation.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I just picked one of these up too, who has found IWB holsters, OWB holsters or after-market magazines (Wilson Combat) that they really like for their R1?

This is my first 1911 and I want to get it out on the range and then in my EDC rotation.

I only use Wilson 47D's or ETM's, the R1 works just fine with them. Check Milt Sparks for 1911 holsters.

Sierra117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    lebanon

Congrats on the new addition.:yesway:.... I have the enhanced R1 and absolutely love it...I picked up a crossbreed IWB and its now my EDC.

Top Bottom