• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Finally got to shoot the Type 99 today (thanks to Doggydaddy). Only 10 rounds between me and my son, but what a nice shooting rifle. I have shot most of the WW2 bolt guns and other then the terrible trigger she is a good shooter. Could not take her out to distance so I cant tell how accurate she will be, but she did the job at 50. In the WW2 Bolt gun line up I would put the Type 99 Under the British Enfield, French Mas and about even with the German Mauser. I know its just my opinion, but I own all of the above and its just my 2 cents. Oh and we took out the new Norinco Tok in 9mm and was totally surprised at how accurate it is ! Anyway it was a good day

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Glad you got to take her out! I'm still struggling with my Type 38. Got a new bolt and firing pin spring, but it's too tight (won't close on a spent round), so I've got some fiddling around to do. Hopefully the old bolt with the new spring, or the new bolt with the old spring will be better than it has been.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Glad you got to take her out! I'm still struggling with my Type 38. Got a new bolt and firing pin spring, but it's too tight (won't close on a spent round), so I've got some fiddling around to do. Hopefully the old bolt with the new spring, or the new bolt with the old spring will be better than it has been.
    Sure hope you get her figured out and thanks again for the Ammo trade ! Great old shooting rifles

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    Still need to get a Type 99 myself, even if 7.7x58mm is a little tough to find (and expensive). Is yours a late-war rifle? If so, that may explain the crappy trigger, since my early Type 38 (made around 1920 I believe) has a pretty decent one.

Top Bottom