• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Lost my shot timer. What is everyone using?

im a patient man...

11_22_26---Sun-Dial_web.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    note the color

Well, I guess if the goal is to have the timer match your shoes, belt, and purse, then that's the timer for you...

considering they are same price, the 7000 is light years ahead of that simple shot timer. It has features that can enhance your training that the pocket pro doesn't. Those basic timers are great for club RO duty since they are simple and anyone can run them w/o reading a manual, but they don't do much else...

I find that particular model a pain since the go button is on the side. I dislike using them.

If you gotta have blue......
    CED 7000 Timer Silicone Skins

:twocents:

-rvb

Last edited:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    This is what Im looking at

Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II - Blue

note the color

These are so easy to use and you can hand one to anyone and they can use it. BIG THUMBS UP!!

The only one I dont like is the CED8000. We had a club match last summer and the battery on one of our club older pocket pro died. Ran to the next bay since we all got caught without a spare. The only one availible was a CED8000 and it was stuck on par time and no one in our squad knew how to change it.
    And we had a few tech types.

Bottem line is the KISS theory is the best way.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I have a pocket pro and an old CED timer, and have used the CED 7000 several times, I would get a CED7000 and never look back, great product, easy to use and light years ahead is an understatement. I like my old pocket pro, but the 7000 blows it away for all around use.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I like the CED7000 but it is the only one I have owned.
    It works good for dry fire,par times are easy to set and you have the option of a softer beep. It makes a difference when you aren't using your hearing protection during dry fire.

blue edge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    I like the CED7000 but it is the only one I have owned.
    It works good for dry fire,par times are easy to set and you have the option of a softer beep. It makes a difference when you aren't using your hearing protection during dry fire.

I had an old CED It was a pain in the A$$. The CED 7000 looks like it will be O/K

Thanks

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    The CED7000 is the only one I have owned and I love it. It has so many different options even an alarm clock and it is very easy to figure out the different menu options. It is the first I have owned but I am an IDPA safety officer and have used several different brands at the various clubs where I shoot. Jim.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    +1 on CED 7000. Big plus having 2 settings on the buzzer volume. Doesnt drive the dogs crazy during those rare times I do dry fire practice in the house.

Top Bottom