• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm glad to hear that some of you are able to have your gun on you at all times. If I have to adhere by the requirement that my firearm either be on me personally or locked in my safe at home, I will have to leave mine locked in my safe at home.

Just today, in Michigan I went to a trade show where firearms are not allowed according to state law. I locked my gun in the car.

I'm willing to take that risk vs driving around Detroit the rest of the day unarmed. Sorry guys.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like to do that and I take as many precautions as I can including driving an unassuming Toyota sedan with no indications of who I am politically, what I like to do, what I'd rather be driving or whether my kid is an honor roll student. Just plain vanilla. But in the course of my life, I run into situations almost daily where I have to disarm, whether it's going into one of my plants, a customer, a trade show like today, or a restricted area.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I'm glad to hear that some of you are able to have your gun on you at all times. If I have to adhere by the requirement that my firearm either be on me personally or locked in my safe at home, I will have to leave mine locked in my safe at home.

Just today, in Michigan I went to a trade show where firearms are not allowed according to state law. I locked my gun in the car.

I'm willing to take that risk vs driving around Detroit the rest of the day unarmed. Sorry guys.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like to do that and I take as many precautions as I can including driving an unassuming Toyota sedan with no indications of who I am politically, what I like to do, what I'd rather be driving or whether my kid is an honor roll student. Just plain vanilla. But in the course of my life, I run into situations almost daily where I have to disarm, whether it's going into one of my plants, a customer, a trade show like today, or a restricted area.

Do signs carry weight of law in Michigan? Second of all did you not see the signs approaching Detroit Enter at your own risk?

I fortunate there are not any no go zones for me. My opinion not that it matters is that Glove box gun Bad Idea, However there a is a monumental difference between placing your sidearm discretely in a vehicle versus leaving it in a glove box unsecured as a normal course of business.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Do signs carry weight of law in Michigan? Second of all did you not see the signs approaching Detroit Enter at your own risk?

I fortunate there are not any no go zones for me. My opinion not that it matters is that Glove box gun Bad Idea, However there a is a monumental difference between placing your sidearm discretely in a vehicle versus leaving it in a glove box unsecured as a normal course of business.

Signs don't as far as I know, but there is a state law that says you can't carry into a venue that seats 2500 or more. This place did.

Lol on the enter at your own risk. I do feel a little comforted when I'm driving down 8 Mile or anywhere in Hamtramck and I have a firearm.:)

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Signs don't as far as I know, but there is a state law that says you can't carry into a venue that seats 2500 or more. This place did.

Lol on the enter at your own risk. I do feel a little comforted when I'm driving down 8 Mile or anywhere in Hamtramck and I have a firearm.:)

Sad Hamtramck back in the day I am told was a nice place, vibrant community and the culinary delights of Polish eateries, guessing those days are long gone.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

omegahunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2019
    Daviess County
    People who break into cars are lazy. Unlocked car and things in plain sight are easy for the lazy car burglar. If you have to leave it in your car (entering GFZ), put an extra lock between the gun and the burglar. For us Glock/Honda Civic owners the inside trunk release has a locking feature. Ain't getting in the trunk without the key/fob or a lot of tools.

Don't know about the Honda, but most cars have fairly easy access to the trunk through the rear seat.

Top Bottom