• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE
    Anybody having issues finding shotgun ammo? Specifically bird shot for a 12 gauge. Slugs are a dime a dozen it seems. Anybody stocking up?

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I've seen 7-1/2 and 8 almost everywhere. 00 is usually in the cases of Walmart beside the slugs. #6 has been harder to find though.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Anybody having issues finding shotgun ammo? Specifically bird shot for a 12 gauge. Slugs are a dime a dozen it seems. Anybody stocking up?

I was at the Big R in Michigan City yesterday. They had shelves full of shotgun ammo. They did however have a sign posted at the entrance to the store of a limit of two boxes of ammo per person per day.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Shotgun ammo doesn't appear to be part of the panic. It is still widely available just about everywhere. I think prices have increased just slightly in the past year or so on shotshells.

I will say that 00 buck seems to be more difficult to locate than slugs and birdshot.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have been buying a couple boxes of 20 ga. #7.5 and #8's every week or so. I pay $5.99/box. Gander Mountain, Meijer mostly.

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    No issues around here for shotgun ammo. I bought a few boxes of 12ga #6 a few weeks ago and have been seeing them at Walmart, Meijer, and Rural King pretty regularly.

Bishop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Waynetown Area
    I'll have to agree with everyone here. Bought a Mossy a few weeks ago. Went to Wally World and picked up their last box of .00. Bought their last box of 100 8's. But there was several box's of 100 7.5's. To the OP, the 100 boxes aren't stocked behind the counter. They keep those but the targets and clays.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom