Shotgun availability at local gun stores?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    They seem to still be available, at least at my LGS. Even so, I did go ahead the other day and pick up an FN SLP that I have been looking at for awhile. Guessing the high cap shotguns will be targeted by any potential ban, so got it while I still could.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I've noticed the shortage of home defense shotguns. Not many places have the 870 18" barrel guns with 7 shot capacity. I wouldn't mind building one if I could find a nice 870 police Wingmaster either.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I tried selling a shotgun a while back at a few of my LGS's and they absolute refused to buy it stating that "we haven't been able to sell any shotguns lately, no one has been buying them" then I was offered a like new 870 20Ga in amazing condition with a red dot sight for $228. Apparently they are in excellent and somewhat a cheap supply.

jkershner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    An unquiet solace
    You know, it's funny: I'm trying to unload my tactical shotgun and buy a sporting/field gun, and no one has what I'm looking for. Seems like I can find tactical shotguns everywhere.

Blackout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Shotguns are still hanging around where I'm at. Everybody is buying up AR's and Handguns. Ammo is going out the door like crazy!!!!

Mister.Meow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Stopped by the Walmart in Greenfield... They have had a decent stock of rifles of multiple calibers and several shotguns. Today, 90% of rifles were gone but still had 75% of shotguns left. Though the tactical versions were all gone.

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    Gander mountain in Merrillville has every flavor of the 870 in stock, tactical, 7 shot, blackhawk and magpul. Also have mossbergs and Novas/supernovas.

Cabella's only had 2-3 total in stock this week

Top Bottom