• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    So I went out skeet shooting for the with my new gun for the first time, it was freezing... A new Remington 11-87. When I had taken it apart when I got it to see how everything worked, and I apparently put the piston seal assembly on backwards. So needless to say the whole auto part did not function and frustrated me for about 4 rounds before I figured out what the problem was. So after we got done I went to clean it this afternoon a rubber ring was destroyed and it just fell apart when I took off the barrel. I think this barrel seal and I am trying to find a replacement part. Does anyone know where to find one. I found this on midway MidwayUSA - Remington Barrel Seal 1100, 11-87 12, 16, and 20 Gauge I'm not sure if this is the right one or this MidwayUSA - Remington Barrel Seal Activator Remington 11-87 12 Gauge Super Magnum I have the regular 11-87 12 guage and not the super magnum. Has anyone else had this problem or did I just put the part in wrong? I slid on the piston seal assembly with the thinner part towards the muzzle and I slid the rubber seal over that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    So I went out skeet shooting for the with my new gun for the first time, it was freezing... A new Remington 11-87. When I had taken it apart when I got it to see how everything worked, and I apparently put the piston seal assembly on backwards. So needless to say the whole auto part did not function and frustrated me for about 4 rounds before I figured out what the problem was. So after we got done I went to clean it this afternoon a rubber ring was destroyed and it just fell apart when I took off the barrel. I think this barrel seal and I am trying to find a replacement part. Does anyone know where to find one. I found this on midway MidwayUSA - Remington Barrel Seal 1100, 11-87 12, 16, and 20 Gauge I'm not sure if this is the right one or this MidwayUSA - Remington Barrel Seal Activator Remington 11-87 12 Gauge Super Magnum I have the regular 11-87 12 guage and not the super magnum. Has anyone else had this problem or did I just put the part in wrong? I slid on the piston seal assembly with the thinner part towards the muzzle and I slid the rubber seal over that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Hey john67103, if that rubber ring measures 1 1/16" diameter, I have one I will mail you for free, I have extras for my 1100 Remington, I believe they fit the 11-87, let me know and I will stick it in the mail!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    That would be a -021 size o ring. If you were near South Bend I would give you some. Any hydraulic shop would have them. They cost around .02 cents each.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    That would be a -021 size o ring. If you were near South Bend I would give you some. Any hydraulic shop would have them. They cost around .02 cents each.
    I agree, but anytime I have went to a hydraulic shop for a ring or gasket thy have always SOCKED IT TO ME, mine are original Remington parts, maybe the same as yours but I do not know? I still offer one free to the fellow ingoer!

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    allways have had a 1100 or 1148 in the safe use to shoot trap and clays with one or the other and the ring will wear out over time. buy more than one or two and you'll be ok

Top Bottom