• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just put a nice Remington 11-87 back for myself and want to eventually add an extended magazine tube. It has a 26" barrel and I'd like for the tube to come as close to flush with the end of the barred as possible. Has anyone done this with their 26" barrel? If so, what size extension did you buy the 3-round or the 5-round? No description I've read lists the exact length of the extension; I know I could always guestimate but would like to know from someone who's already done it.

Also, any recommendations on manufacturer of those tubes and also the shell saddle for the receiver.

Thanks in advance

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Here is my 1100, 26 inch barrel, Choate 10+1 Mag (5 round extension)...

1100a-1.jpg

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Gotta recommend Tactical Shotgunner, a site advertiser. They will get you squared away!

A 3 shot extension gets you to the end of a 20" barrel, I have a Wilson. Side saddle recommendation would be Mesa Tactical.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Might want to post in the tactical shotgunner threads...

I bet Gungho or Mrs Gungho can hook you up right quickly with what ever you may need...

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I really would recommend against the sidesaddle on the 11-87, it changes the recoil impulse and can cause malfunctions. Can also cause problems if too tight and if loose at all can egg out the pin holes. A stock mounted shell holder would be preferable or use a Speedfeed stock like mine.

Choate would be my choice for the extension...they have been making them longer than anyone else in the business and they do them right.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I really would recommend against the sidesaddle on the 11-87, it changes the recoil impulse and can cause malfunctions. Can also cause problems if too tight and if loose at all can egg out the pin holes. A stock mounted shell holder would be preferable or use a Speedfeed stock like mine.

Choate would be my choice for the extension...they have been making them longer than anyone else in the business and they do them right.

Thanks! I'd give more rep if I could! I really appreciate the help. I've always loved shotguns but never really had an opportunity to build a nice HD/Competition shotgun until now. Can't wait to get my new 11-87 out and put her through her paces! I will remember that about the sidesaddle shell holder; I'll look into other methods. thanks again!

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nordic Components for tubes. They are the current standard.

3gungear.com come side saddles, 2x2 packs, and bandoleers. OttoMadeIt via triangleshootingsports.com is another great resource.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Thanks! I'd give more rep if I could! I really appreciate the help. I've always loved shotguns but never really had an opportunity to build a nice HD/Competition shotgun until now. Can't wait to get my new 11-87 out and put her through her paces! I will remember that about the sidesaddle shell holder; I'll look into other methods. thanks again!

Just remember the 11-87s can be a bit more ammo finicky than the 1100, especially when new. I would stay away from 1 ounce loads for competition till you really wring it out and make sure it will function okay with them...same with reduced recoil buck. Shoot up a case of 1 1/8th loads first...and have fun!

These are gas operated but still have to have a firm base to recoil against or they will have malfunctions. This is why I am very fond of the pistol grip shoulder stock...makes pulling it in tight easy and natural.

Top Bottom