• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a strange looking shotgun from a buddy who needed money. I havent seen a shotgun like it. The shells load and discharge from the bottom. It is a 12 ga pump that fires 2 3/4" or 3" shells. The only markings on the gun are:

IAC BILLERICA MA.
    CHINA S.D.1

Stamped on the right side of the barrel

12 GA 2 3/4" OR 3"

Stamped on top of the barrel

MODEL 372
    MADE IN CHINA

Stamped on the receiver

It has a heat-shield attached to it. and a real LARGE sight.

I did not find much on the internet about it, I gave him $50.00 for it.

What do the you think?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You scored. These were made in China (duh) and imported by Interstate Arms a few years ago. The action is similar to an Ithaca 37. Like the 982 series (basically an 870 clone), these were generally serviceable if cosmetically bland 12ga pump shotguns. When we sold them new, they went for about $180.00.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The Chinese IAC guns are not bad for the money. I sold one off that I had to get a new barrel for my 870 :D . The one I had (direct 870 clone) was a bit rough in finish, but alot of shooting and smoothing of the internals made it serviceable. Parts inside were milled relatively nicely and all in all, a decent backup or even primary scattergun if you don't have a ton of loot.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    50 bucks is about what it's worth.

Prepare for itemized list of questions:
    1. Have you ever owned one?
    2. Shot one? (and not just fondled in gunstore)
    3. What about it did you not like?
    4. Is your decision based on it's country of origin?
    5. Have you had a variety of their models and noticed that your comment coincided with the products?

I ask these only as lots of folks offer little in their comment, unfair to the OP of questions like these...

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for the feedback. I thought for $50.00 it was a good deal, plus it helped a buddy out. I hate to see anyone be forced to sell their guns to make ends meet. Once he gets back on his feet I will offer him his gun back for what I bought it for.

But thanks again!!!!

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I have an IAC 982 (again, similar to what you got). Not anything to write home about, but a perfectly solid and reliable gun for the money. Assuming proper working condition, $50 was a steal.

bulruq

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    I have one similar to yours but without the heat shield. They are imported by Interstate Arms Corp. in Billerica, Ma. These guns are functional, not pretty. Mine had a defective extractor spring that I had to replace and refit. I drilled out the recess it sits in and replaced the too small original spring with a larger diameter one made with a smaller gauge wire. The original was too small, poorly tempered, and didn't have enough compression. The Chinese really have no concept or understanding of metallurgy and they produce VERY poor springs and case-hardened parts.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The Chinese really have no concept or understanding of metallurgy and they produce VERY poor springs and case-hardened parts.

Whether its no concept, or no desire, or cost effectiveness i dont know, but that post made me smile.

There is no reason that china should not be producing stuff that would be equivilant in quality to how it would have been made here in the US. I think most of us would pay a slighly higher price to get a substancial gain in quality. However china doesnt seem to be taking advantage of this, and if they did, our manufacturing here would be greatly hampered even more so than it currently is.

All that being said, your post made my day just a little bit brighter.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...The Chinese really have no concept or understanding of metallurgy and they produce VERY poor springs and case-hardened parts.

The Chinese are brilliant and wise in all things.

If they export their poorest parts to the U.S., it is more than likely part of a much larger master plan which Americans could not possibly fathom.

:D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Have you? :D

Of course. We route some of your U.S. shipments through Australia just to make it more fun and challenging for the folks working in customs. ;)

The Australians are always very jealous of the craftsmanship and materials of the U.S. bound parts compared to the crap we ship them directly.

All part of the master plan I tell ya. :oldwise:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Of course. We route some of your U.S. shipments through Australia just to make it more fun and challenging for the folks working in customs. ;)

The Australians are always very jealous of the craftsmanship and materials of the U.S. bound parts compared to the crap we ship them directly.

All part of the master plan I tell ya. :oldwise:

i KNEW you had something to do w/ the fumbling of my group buy. I hereby blame you and hold you accountable for all headached created by the wotac group buy.

Top Bottom