• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ssylvester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    No gun in particular - just following a trend of unfired $300 guns with $400 in "enhancements". These are the guns that break in classes leaving the owner scratching his head about "purchased profiency".

How many rounds downrange by your hand?

I honestly don't know. I shot my first deer with it when I was 14. It's called duracoat lol.

It's all for fun man. Sometimes I shoot when I'm bored sometimes I put a doodad on my gun but I agree with the expensive accessories. Nothing on my gun cost more than 50 bucks except the black aces quadrail which i am very happy with and the funny thing is everything works fine. I can't imagine a scenario outside of killing bin laden that I would need a $500 optic.
    That is my just for fun gun. A real home defense gun just needs iron sights and maybe a flashlight.

I just got my 590a1 a few weeks ago (took me forever to find an a1 9 shot model). Soon as I can find a range to shoot at here I will definitely be putting some rounds through it.

I just put that mag tube on my JC Higgins I got it on midway.com

Last edited by a moderator:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I just put that mag tube on my JC Higgins I got it on midway.com

Cool. Mine came stock but it took forever for me to find one with the stock 9 shot capacity and had to have it shipped from Washington State. All I could find locally was the 6 shot or the 590 model and I wanted both the bayonet lug and the all metal a1.

Ironically the day after paying for it some guy up north of indy put one on armslist (the blackwater model) for 475.00 (I had to pay 600 total - shipping/sales tax/transfer fees included - on a new one) LOL... Go figure. Still I would of had to drive about 9 hours round trip to get it which at these gas prices probably would have come out to about the same.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    It's all for fun man. Sometimes I shoot when I'm bored sometimes I put a doodad on my gun but I agree with the expensive accessories. Nothing on my gun cost more than 50 bucks except the black aces quadrail which i am very happy with and the funny thing is everything works fine. I can't imagine a scenario outside of killing bin laden that I would need a $500 optic.
    That is my just for fun gun. A real home defense gun just needs iron sights and maybe a flashlight.

Yup, it's not about "need" it's about "want" :)

I didn't "need" a bayonet on my shotgun... but I sure as heck "wanted" one lol.

Of course now that it is on there I have decided that I was wrong about just "wanting" one and decided that I actually "needed" it after all :rockwoot: Something primal about holding a weapon with an attached bayonet... makes me reminisce about the old days during bayonet training. Good fun lol.

ssylvester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Yup, it's not about "need" it's about "want" :)

I didn't "need" a bayonet on my shotgun... but I sure as heck "wanted" one lol.

Of course now that it is on there I have decided that I was wrong about just "wanting" one and decided that I actually "needed" it after all :rockwoot: Something primal about holding a weapon with an attached bayonet... makes me reminisce about the old days during bayonet training. Good fun lol.

That's just it! I have a spear on my wall but you have one in your hands that also fires 3" buckshot! I get it man. Last night after I finished my shotty I stared at it for a few beers and yes I needed everything I put on it including the stupid zombie bayonet lol. Btw your shotty is on my list. I love that gun.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    That's just it! I have a spear on my wall but you have one in your hands that also fires 3" buckshot! I get it man. Last night after I finished my shotty I stared at it for a few beers and yes I needed everything I put on it including the stupid zombie bayonet lol. Btw your shotty is on my list. I love that gun.

:yesway:

ssylvester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Cool. Mine came stock but it took forever for me to find one with the stock 9 shot capacity and had to have it shipped from Washington State. All I could find locally was the 6 shot or the 590 model and I wanted both the bayonet lug and the all metal a1.

Ironically the day after paying for it some guy up north of indy put one on armslist (the blackwater model) for 475.00 (I had to pay 600 total - shipping/sales tax/transfer fees included - on a new one) LOL... Go figure. Still I would of had to drive about 9 hours round trip to get it which at these gas prices probably would have come out to about the same.

What is the difference between the 590a and 590a1? Which one is parkerized with matching heat shield?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    What is the difference between the 590a and 590a1? Which one is parkerized with matching heat shield?

The main difference is that the 590a1 is "mil-spec" with metal safety, metal trigger guard, heavy wall bbl.

They have a ton of different versions out for both models. Only the 9 shot version has the bayonet lug (always check though to be sure - there are so many different configurations out there someone could have modified a 6 shot which doesn't have the lug).

They both have versions with a heat shield and I believe they are all parkerized (at least my a1 is). Some come with ghost rings, some with beat, and some with handgun/rifle type sites (I believe the blackwater version has those type).

The 9 shot a1 was incredibly hard to find - I was waiting on one here for about 3 months, everyone was on back order even Whitaker guns. That being said, now that I found one I'm sure there will be a ton out there lol.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    got it, thanks. It doesn't matter if it pops up cheaper now, it was worth every penny!

lol yeah. I was tempted to buy the blackwater version that fellow on armslist is selling (just to have it), he wants 475 for it and claims it is new/never been fired. It also has a magpul light on it but it is just too far away for me. 475 is a heck of a price as it goes for 540 to 600 new (plus tax and shipping if you have to have it shipped).

you may be interested and it looks like it is still for sale. It should be an A1 as I do not think they made a blackwater version in the standard 590.

ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: Mossberg 590a1 Blackwater

ssylvester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    lol yeah. I was tempted to buy the blackwater version that fellow on armslist is selling (just to have it), he wants 475 for it and claims it is new/never been fired. It also has a magpul light on it but it is just too far away for me. 475 is a heck of a price as it goes for 540 to 600 new (plus tax and shipping if you have to have it shipped).

you may be interested and it looks like it is still for sale. It should be an A1 as I do not think they made a blackwater version in the standard 590.

ARMSLIST - For Sale/Trade: Mossberg 590a1 Blackwater

Thanks for the link!

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    7264852630_cdc4bccca9_b.jpg

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Recently traded for this shotgun, will be used for HD Project. It is a New Haven 600AT. Is in really great shape, haven't shot it as of today, hopefully will get out and shoot it soon.

IMAG0286.jpg

That's fantastic! I love the strongly hooked pistol grip stocks... There was an old bolt-action shotgun at a former pawn shop here in town I drooled over forever with the sharp hooked grip like that, then the shop closed up after the Great Flood of '07...

swj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    I am hoping to find a good starter TRAP gun , 12 ga 28" barrell s/a, hope to find one in the posts.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    My New Remington 870

Picked up a Remington 870 this weekend. Thought it was interesting that the price tag & box list it as an 870 Express XP (possibly because of the 3" magnum rating?) The receiver also says Remington 870 Tactical, which wasn't described anywhere. I also haven't seen too many with the sling attachment on the end cap of the extension tube, I thought they were usually on a barrel clamp style piece.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MMy KSG..got everything on it thats out there so far....Way too much money invested in this thing lol...and im not even a shotgun guy
    305527_3140108382268_526663957_n.jpg

You're missing the 37mm flare launcher, but otherwise that's about as tacticool as anything I've ever seen on the internet.

Brutal669x

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, Indiana
    LOL, not sure if that was a compliment or not...but thank you..gonna take it to the local gun show...maybe trade it for somethings lol else...flare launcher hahahahahahahaha,....i guess that would be everything

Last edited:
    Top Bottom