• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You are talking apples to oranges here. If you take the wood stocks off your Dad's gun and put on plastic and aircraft aluminum with a shorter LOP, guess what, your Dad's gun will be light too. They are the same gun.

The psychology of shotgunning is well documented for the past 100 years and the issues and myths today are often the same ones written about in the 30's and 40's

Without a description of your Dad's gun and the ammo you shot in it, I am just trying to point you to the fact LOP has the biggest effect on the feel of the gun, followed by weight. Always in that order. 18" vs 20" is a non issue, just leave one or two less round in the tube to make the longer gun feel snappier

Ask around, a few people here will tell you I know a few things about shotguns. What I am telling you is it helps to know these things before you buy.

My light weight gun is lighter than any gun listed here and my GF who stands almost 5'11" and her step sister who is about 4'11" both shoot it and like it. Again, many ways to mitigate recoil.

Personally I never suggest getting the FN as a first gun but in the end it is a good gun and better then no gun.

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    nice

:hijack:

Easily the lightest-kicking 12ga I've ever fired.
    P1010068.jpg

:bowdown: That is bad azz!

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    yep

Those shotguns are very nice.

All that talk about the kick, you should try a semi-auto. If you thought the FN was tacticool. You should check out a converted Saiga 12. Now THAT is amazing.

That is bad azz!
    :chuck:My S-12 will rattle your brains when unloading the clip...

It tis a beast!

Last edited:

Spectre.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Saiga's are great but you have to learn how to operate an AK pattern rifle. I know how to use one but I prefer pump action shotguns that're more user-friendly considering it's simpler to operate a pump shotgun than a Saiga (Not that that's always a bad thing).

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Saiga's are great but you have to learn how to operate an AK pattern rifle. I know how to use one but I prefer pump action shotguns that're more user-friendly considering it's simpler to operate a pump shotgun than a Saiga (Not that that's always a bad thing).

Is there a pretty steep learning curve then, with those AK pattern rifles?

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site

load clip
    pull back
    fire
    :dunno:

I like the Beneli m1 super 90 also:ar15:

Spectre.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Like I said guys, you could teach a girlfriend or anyone who's not really interested in using a weapon unless they really have to how to use a pump action quicker than using an AK pattern shotgun. With Saiga's there's characteristics like holding the slide back when inserting the mag to ensure the rim of the first shell doesn't catch and jam or how the last shell tends to deform when left in the magazine. Things like that make it more complicated to people who just want a shotgun to pick up and shoot. My friend has a Saiga and it's great but the pump action shotgun is a lot more simple to an inexperienced shooter. And if there's an emergency and you have a nervous trigger finger like someone who doesn't practice much, chances are they'll start firing away blindly. That's what I meant.

Top Bottom