• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    State bank of Litzon. Not sure how many suspects. At least one was shot by police.

News says suspects in custody , but from the scanner they're still looking for someone.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    3 suspects. 2 in custody, 1 killed by police. No good guys were injured.

How dare those JBT's harass that poor armed suspect who was shooting at them by killing him to death.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    You work at the Plainfield facility?
    That has got to be interesting.
    Are you getting the feed from IMPD or State police? Or news 'copter?

No. I'm just down here for a class.

I'm not listening to any radio. I can let the local PD take care of it without feeling the need to listen. I just happened to notice the helicopter flying around and heard what happened.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What percentage of back robberies are actually successful? I realize many aren't reported publicly, but it seems like you hear about this failing all the time.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Right after this story broke, it was announced that the FBI had the SBoL and several other banks in the area under surveillance.

Seems like there was a tip that an area bank was getting ready to be robbed.

Great restraint on not trying to stop them as they was coming out of the bank, because if memory serves me correct, a child care is located right beside it to the west, with the SBoL between it and Huntington Bank, which HB used to be located where SBol is.

Me and Mrs. IBM stopped by Saturday on the way home from Texas Roadhouse to look @ the new Dunkin Doughnuts that is getting ready to open right there in the center next to Huntington.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    That was my daughter's preschool directly across the Marsh entry to the SBoL. Good thing her last day there was April 30. My son's school, Clark's Creek, went in to lock down.

It's not something you see very often around here.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Soft lockdown for Plainfield schools. The chase ended about 3 houses from one of the kids on my soccer team's house. His dad said he had just walked outside when SHTF, shooting started and he went back in.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    They should have just told the bank they claim authority over that area and they can impose a "tax" on them. And if they dont like it they can move.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    What percentage of back robberies are actually successful? I realize many aren't reported publicly, but it seems like you hear about this failing all the time.

Statistically, bank robbers rob 2.3 banks successfully before they are killed or apprehended.

My friend, a branch manager, told me this several years ago. I thought it was a fascinating statistic.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom