• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Shots in Wash. mall after argument prove fatal

1 hr 18 mins ago

AP – Paramedics move a victim to an ambulance outside the Southcenter Mall in Tukwila, Wash. Saturday Nov. …

TUKWILA, Wash. – Shots erupted in a packed Seattle-area shopping mall Saturday after an apparent argument between a gunman and two other young men, killing one of the men, creating panic among shoppers and sending police on a store-to-store search for the shooter, authorities said.

The Southcenter Mall in Tukwila was locked down for six hours as police tried in vain to find the gunman. Officer Mike Murphy, a police spokesman, told The Associated Press there were "thousands" of shoppers at the mall when the shooting took place just before 3:45 p.m. He said the gunfire may have been gang-related.

"It's a possibility," Murphy said.

The two injured men were taken to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center, where one of them died. A hospital spokesman said Saturday night the second victim was in critical condition.

The gunman used a pistol and fired multiple shots, Murphy said. He said at least four or five people were detained for questioning, but none of them was the shooter and some had been released. He said some of those detained were witnesses.

As police searched for the gunman, they allowed store employees and customers remaining in the mall to exit in groups, Murphy said. After the search was completed, Murphy said the assailant "must have got out with the crowd," but police anticipated identifying the shooter "soon" and making an arrest.

The gunman and the two victims were all in their late teens or early 20s. No one else was injured, Murphy said.

SWAT teams from all over the area converged on the mall to help search for the suspect, who is believed to have gotten into an altercation with the two victims. But it was unknown what led to the shooting or the relationship between the shooter and the victims or even between the victims themselves.

Chauncey Williams, a soldier from Fort Lewis, said he witnessed the shooting. He was exiting a store when he saw two men arguing and one start firing a gun, he said.

"It's like I'm back in Iraq or something," Williams told The Seattle Times.
    Shopper Mark Nickels, 51, described the chaos after the shooting.

"Everybody just stopped," he said. "Everybody thought something fell. Then a second or two later, there was a second shot and then everybody scattered. People were running to the (exits) or running to the stores to hide."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Homeowner slashes intruders with sword | thestarpress.com | The Star Press

MUNCIE --A Muncie man is in jail with samurai sword injuries after allegedly breaking into another man's home to get his wife back.

Joseph M. Hartman, 28, and his friends Bobby Joe Overbay, 18, and Matthew Michail Wilson, 23, all from Muncie, broke into the home of Jessy Mann, 26, 1910 S. May Ave., early Saturday morning to "take Hartman's estranged wife by force," according to the Muncie Police Department.

{snip}

Mann said he never intended to use the sword as a weapon and he was glad no one was killed.

"I just like swords," he said. "I just have them around for novelty. I never expected I'd have to do some crazy stuff like that."

While the story that I am quoting does not have the use of a firearm in it, I continue to be made aware that there are aggressive people in the cities and towns that we live in and that we, as a society, need to be ready to defend ourselves.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom