Should be a good week... 3 new ones coming in!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    So I have three pistols coming to me this week! I am really looking forward to seeing them in person.

The first is a Glock 42. I have wanted one for Summer carry for some time now and was offered it by my FFL for cost. Already have a bunch of cool stuff laying around for it. Stealth Gear Holster, Ghost Connector, Magguts, Taran Tactical +1 and +2 extensions, and a set of sights:)

The second is a full boat custom 1911 built by Brandan Bunker! Bunker has worked on several 1911's I own so seeing the full boat custom done should be very cool! A quick teaser of what I am having done is: If John M Browning had access to modern day CNC machines, what would his 1911 design have looked like. I gave Bunker some specifics, but a lot of it is Brandans artist freedom to do what he wants! It should be a really, really cool tribute to JMB and one hell of a pistol! The pistol will be chambered in 38 super with a 9mm conversion barrel... Thanks all you get for now!

Last is a full custom P35 Elite Warrior Armament Browning Hi Power. There are only 30 of these pistols being produced, so it will be very rare indeed! I gave Chuck my list of "wants" and got a call last week saying it should be ready late this week/early next week!

Anyway, I will likely not be buying anything past these three pistols this year. If I get lucky enough, Ill add a Rifle Dynamics AK74, but that is only if I am very lucky. Time to start shooting the pistols and rifles I have:)

Pics coming as soon as I get the pistols!

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I've been reading in the media about all the increased sales of firearms, I had no idea it was all due to one person. ;)

Sounds like a good week.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    The first is a Glock 42. I have wanted one for Summer carry for some time now and was offered it by my FFL for cost. Already have a bunch of cool stuff laying around for it. Stealth Gear Holster, Ghost Connector, Magguts, Taran Tactical +1 and +2 extensions, and a set of sights:)

You got it at cost? I'm jelly. :drool:

I am curious though about the magguts in combination with the Taran tactical...I know the magguts work well supporting 7 rounds with that spring, but i have no experience with 8/9 rounds.

Let me know how they do.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Very nice, looking forward to pics and range reports. I tested a G42 at Point Blank and had all kinds of issues with it. Switched to a Sig P238 and after having gone back and rented that gun several times and having put around 200 rounds through it, we never had a single issue. I'm interested to see what your experience with the G42 is.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Very nice, looking forward to pics and range reports. I tested a G42 at Point Blank and had all kinds of issues with it. Switched to a Sig P238 and after having gone back and rented that gun several times and having put around 200 rounds through it, we never had a single issue. I'm interested to see what your experience with the G42 is.

What kind of issues?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What kind of issues?

Failure to feed and stovepipes. Switched between two different magazines and had issues with both. Still could be a mag issue, but I didn't have any new mags to test, as it was a rental. I know, rentals are bad to base too much off of, but with the G42 having 10 or so issues in 50 rounds and the P238 having zero issues in over 200 rounds, I know which would I would prefer to carry, if I had to rely on a .380.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Failure to feed and stovepipes. Switched between two different magazines and had issues with both. Still could be a mag issue, but I didn't have any new mags to test, as it was a rental. I know, rentals are bad to base too much off of, but with the G42 having 10 or so issues in 50 rounds and the P238 having zero issues in over 200 rounds, I know which would I would prefer to carry, if I had to rely on a .380.

They either have a early g42 ( one of the first few thousand released ) or just a crap gun (bad recoil spring or something that requires factory work). Glock made changed to the 42 a couple months after it was released. Slightly modified internals. The ejector was changed. I got one of the "newer" ones.

Glock Appears To Have Made Changes To The G42 | LooseRounds.com

Mine runs great. If you ever want to shoot it let me know I go to PB a lot and I don't bite.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They either have a early g42 ( one of the first few thousand released ) or just a crap gun (bad recoil spring or something that requires factory work). Glock made changed to the 42 a couple months after it was released. Slightly modified internals. The ejector was changed. I got one of the "newer" ones.

Glock Appears To Have Made Changes To The G42 | LooseRounds.com

Mine runs great. If you ever want to shoot it let me know I go to PB a lot and I don't bite.

I have no way of knowing if they have a newer or older G42. I've read reports of the G42 being hit or miss, with the old version and the new one. I don't use a .380 myself, but was renting something for my stepdaughter. She didn't care for the G42 much, but loves the P238, enough that she's saving up money to get one when she turns 21. I appreciate the offer to try yours. I'll have to try to coordinate something when my stepdaughter is around :)

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I have no way of knowing if they have a newer or older G42. I've read reports of the G42 being hit or miss, with the old version and the new one. I don't use a .380 myself, but was renting something for my stepdaughter. She didn't care for the G42 much, but loves the P238, enough that she's saving up money to get one when she turns 21. I appreciate the offer to try yours. I'll have to try to coordinate something when my stepdaughter is around :)

No problem :wavey:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

I heard of these reports too, but so far I haven't had a single incident of failure to feed/eject on my 42. It has reliably ate everything I've fed it. I didn't buy it until late last spring, so I do believe mine to be a 'later' model.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Still a little way out on the custom pistols:)

G42 shot fine with either Magguts or base plates... not both. Was really looking forward to that combo too. I am going to play around a bit more and hopefully the spring wears in (its just to tight).

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm pumped to see these pistols cundiff! I always enjoy seeing your collection!

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Thanks for the comments... As soon as I get them... I'll start a thread. Out of curiosity, what should I title said thread so some of you do not miss it:) lol

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Well, I figured I would post some pics here:)

Elite Warrior Armament Classic P35

Bunker Arms 45ACP

Another angle (different light)

Bunker Arms 38 Super Comp (with 9mm Barrel)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom