• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I think it's a rite of passage for most firearm enthusiasts to own or have owned at least one mosin nagant at some point. So, yes, you should buy one.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Yes, buy one or two or three! I own two, bought mine several years ago. One was $89 and the other was $99. One I kept original and they other (one I shoot a lot) I refinished the stock. Both are 1942 Izhevsk rifles. They are fun to shoot and the ammo is still fairly cheap.

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    I bought mine for $98 about a year and a half ago. It's a well-used one from 1939. Everytime I hold it I can only imagine where it's been and what it's seen. Very cool.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Yes.

I bought one. Cleaned it. Cleaned it some more. Studied it on line. Tore it down. Cleaned it real good. Cleaned the wood over and over then refinished it with 7 coats of tongue oil. Looks pretty good. Took it Friday to BGF and shot it first time. Kicks like a mule and throws a fireball like no other. Passed it around to the other guys with me like "you just have to try this thing". There is just something about them. If they could only tell us their story...

Should you buy one? Sure! Have fun!

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    The real question is why not? There are literally tons of different variations out there. The Russians fought the bloodiest front in the war and there's a very good chance any given Mosin has passed through many different owners during conflict. You can buy a piece of history for about $130 if you look around and I don't think that's very unreasonable for what the rifle is. Just don't mall ninja it to death and complain your $130 Mosin with $500+ worth of upgrades won't outshoot a stock Savage.

macafly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Oh heck yeah!!! Big bore, nice kick, cheap ammo!! It's hard to get more fun for the price. You want to rip holes in something? What a blast!! Looked like the prices were starting to come back down a bit. Get one and have fun!!!!
    Cheers

Top Bottom