• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Don't do it
    I don't recal who makes it but I have seen a wrap that is camo but is basically like an ace bandage I would consider that but not anything with adhesive. That would essentially ruin it

I used this stuff on my Beretta AL-2 for years to protect it. It works great and when I started using it to shoot, trap I just unwrapped it and voila' a nice and shiny gun!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Exactly! If you like it and would prefer it's action go for it. Make it an heirloom with stories and real use. That's what JMB designed his firearms for!!!

Sweet!!!! Bring your Python down next time you visit...I got some ideas for the finish from the auto parts store...That Colt Royal Blue is just begging for a shot of black crinkle paint...

C'mon Fordtough...Make it an heirloom....:)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I am no expert on scattergun, but wouldn't buying a 3 inch chamber 1100 barrel be the cheapest and make the most sense?

It's not that easy, especially for an autoloader.
    In fact, there are plenty of pump shotguns out there originally chaabered for 2-3/4" shells only that the manufacturer specifically says are not okay for 3" with a barrel so chambered.
    That also goes for the 3-1/2" shotshells and the 3" chambered Remington 870.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It's not that easy, especially for an autoloader.
    In fact, there are plenty of pump shotguns out there originally chaabered for 2-3/4" shells only that the manufacturer specifically says are not okay for 3" with a barrel so chambered.
    That also goes for the 3-1/2" shotshells and the 3" chambered Remington 870.
    Learn something new every day!

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    For a Turkey Gun its hard to beat finding a cheep Rem or Moss pump shotgun at a gun show that has a rough finish and cheep price. hit it with some cheep rattle can camouflage paint, and a good cleaning. You end up with a good working gun, that you can beat the **** out of for less than $300 if you catch the right deal. I have one that I purchased with a fine coat of rust and a broken stock for $80. It got a wood stock that a buddy had from a tactical build, along with a rattle can paint job. It lives in the barn and gets called on for a lot of squirrel hunts and is also a good turkey gun (fixed full choke). I don't have $100 in that gun.

Top Bottom