• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    I have an M&P 40c that I would like to install an apex trigger kit on. Should I do it myself or take it to a gunsmith?
    I have a good amount of mechanical ability, but I have never done any work on a gun. If I attempt to do it anyone have a video or web site that will guide me through it.
    Lastly what would the savings of DIY be? If it is not that much I might choose to have it done and not take any chances of screwing up my gun.
    Any input is appreciated.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I did it myself. It's pretty straight forward. I think apex has their own video if I remember correctly.

ipswervy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Somewhere Indiana
    Easy to do. I installed the Apex FSS trigger kit on my 45 compact. Watched several videos on youtube from Apex and other individuals who did the install. While it was apart I ran some 1500 grit paper on the trigger bar to smooth out the rough edges that cause a lot of the gritty feel. Videos of that on youtube also. I absolutely love the new feel of the trigger setup, I opted for the polymer trigger, just liked the feel of it better than the aluminum one. Equipment needed were a couple of punches, a small hammer, and some pieces of scrap wood blocks to prop the frame on. All of this is in the videos on youtube. Took my time and had videos on hand to follow, was done easily in an hour. If I did another one I could do it in 15 minutes, after doing my first one. Didn't even need to make any adjustments, it really is that easy.

ThatsLife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I installed the Apex duty/carry kit on my shield. I watched the video linked on the Apex website. Pretty easy although I did swear a bit getting the trigger spring lined up with the pin. Pretty easy for a novice like myself, though. I also replaced the sights while I was at it.

Top Bottom