Should I Even Bother With an Indiana LTCH?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    And for an INGO trivia refresher... What/who is the Indiana 'LTCH' named for? I am failing the test because I cannot recite his name.

I cannot find the thread from a while back.

:ingo:

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Thanks for all the details. I'm just glad I didn't apply for the lifetime OH CHL which costs more. I actually knew ahead of time I'd be moving to IN but wasn't sure how soon. As it is I plan on getting the lifetime IN permit.

Funny thing about carrying. A few weeks ago I was at Frisch's in Lawrenceburg and saw a guy at the salad bar open-carrying. Couldn't quite tell from the distance I was at but he appeared to be packing a mid-frame S&W revolver in his OWB. First time I'd ever seen open-carry in person. From what I understand about IN state law that's not enough for the cops to detain you. Rather different from what I was taught in OH, that while open-carry is legal, you're basically asking the cops to hassle you if you do it.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Thanks for all the details. I'm just glad I didn't apply for the lifetime OH CHL which costs more. I actually knew ahead of time I'd be moving to IN but wasn't sure how soon. As it is I plan on getting the lifetime IN permit.

Funny thing about carrying. A few weeks ago I was at Frisch's in Lawrenceburg and saw a guy at the salad bar open-carrying. Couldn't quite tell from the distance I was at but he appeared to be packing a mid-frame S&W revolver in his OWB. First time I'd ever seen open-carry in person. From what I understand about IN state law that's not enough for the cops to detain you. Rather different from what I was taught in OH, that while open-carry is legal, you're basically asking the cops to hassle you if you do it.

Can't say you won't e hassled by some LEO's in IN if you open carry, bu tit is legal. There's a bunch of folks on INGO who are really "in your face" about insisting on open carry. I'm ok iwth is as I figure if I see someone open carrying, I figure he/she is legal and a "good guy".

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Can't say you won't e hassled by some LEO's in IN if you open carry, bu tit is legal. There's a bunch of folks on INGO who are really "in your face" about insisting on open carry. I'm ok iwth is as I figure if I see someone open carrying, I figure he/she is legal and a "good guy".
    Did you type this correct? With all the other word jumbles am I ready this right, because I see it the complete opposite of that here on INGO.

Heres example after example. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...y-argument.html?highlight=Open+carry+argument

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/443822-anyone-else-notice.html

Oh, and just for the record again JFC!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom