Should I follow Manufactures Suggestion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    I have been shooting for less then a year now so it all seems rather new to me when we talk about Ammo. Anyway I was reading where the best Ammunition to use in my P30 9mm for home defense is "Corbon +P JHP". So while I was at Midwest the other day I picked up a box. When I got home I was reading the manual (like all men, only when needed) and it says

"NOTE: Use of +P and +P+ ammunition accelerates wear and reduces the service life on the component parts of any pistol, including the P Series pistols, and is not recommended."

Question is will this hurt my firearm or should I unload and store for another firearm? Any help is greatly appreciated.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If you are just looking for an excuse to buy another pistol, sure, go ahead and put it up, for a new pistol. If you dont want a new gun, then shoot enough to be confident that it will function, and use them for carry.
    I think that most manufacturers will put that same warning in the owners manual, just as a CYA.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Take your gun out and shoot several different types of ammo. I have had great luck with Hornady Critical Defense. Try several brands to see what your gun shoots most accurately. The best brightest most technologicaly advanced ammo doesn't really matter that much if you can't hit the broad side of the barn. A high power 45 doesn't have much stopping power if the round goes in the wall. In the end, I'm suggesting expermentation, and practice, practice practice.

Top Bottom