Should I join the battle? Raiders are heading to hit my neighbors retreat.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    pic_thermonuclear_88e3f29491f9ce128be18cf86bd48745.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This could work but prices have gone up since the panic.

I know a guy that knows someone that's the roommate of a cousin of someone that has a contact that could get us some "material".

From there its easy, if you just want a 1 stage good old fashioned A-bomb.

Thermonuc? That's a little over my head. The basics I understand. Above the basics I'm just a poor boy from a poor family.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know a guy that knows someone that's the roommate of a cousin of someone that has a contact that could get us some "material".

From there its easy, if you just want a 1 stage good old fashioned A-bomb.

Thermonuc? That's a little over my head. The basics I understand. Above the basics I'm just a poor boy from a poor family.

You want a thermonuke? Take your 'good old fashioned A-bomb', bake at 425 for an hour, then detonate!

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    You may not like your neighbors, but if SHTF it might be wise to form a mutual defense treaty with all your close neighbors after the reality of a long term emergency sets in before panic takes over.....especially if long range communications are down. These mighbe your only relief if the raid hits you! After all, the Russians killed more Nazis than England and US combined ....but we never liked them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You may not like your neighbors, but if SHTF it might be wise to form a mutual defense treaty with all your close neighbors after the reality of a long term emergency sets in before panic takes over.....especially if long range communications are down. These mighbe your only relief if the raid hits you! After all, the Russians killed more Nazis than England and US combined ....but we never liked them.

True but there were a lot more Russians and a lot of them got killed as well.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    According to Steven Ambrose (Band of Brothers) the ratio was 3 to 1. The point is not to dismiss your neighbors because they're weird or reclusive. Alliance doesn't necessarily mean friends. Just support.
    You don't have to give them all your secrets...but they may have resources you can barter for, and vice versa. Even just early warning can make a difference ...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    According to Steven Ambrose (Band of Brothers) the ratio was 3 to 1. The point is not to dismiss your neighbors because they're weird or reclusive. Alliance doesn't necessarily mean friends. Just support.
    You don't have to give them all your secrets...but they may have resources you can barter for, and vice versa. Even just early warning can make a difference ...

In my area there are only a few I would allow to know anything about us. They have lived around here as long or longer than I and are good folks. We would rally to aid them. The rest....not so much. Some of them would be those we would be defending ourselves against.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Good question, Hmmmm

Depending on the location of your house and his you may want to move anyway"down range"

So once several locations have been picked that would fit this possible issue. You could use preset routes to flank them and see what happens.
    Your neighbor could be a baddarss and not need any help ? Or if he does the raiders may have a change of hart when they realize that they are in the middle of a crossfire?
    May not take much from that point to make them retreat, depending on how bad they want what he has ?

A man that realizes another man just saved his arss could turn a douche bag into a very important friend ?

This is something that has not crossed my mind before
    May have to look into taking some of my own advise

Thanks !

:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom