• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Sure, Join the NRA and also the GOA. Both.

Join the NRA because that is what people will insist you do or they will call you a traitor.

Join the GOA because the money you pay them all goes to lobbying for your 2A rights.

All this BS about the NRA being the reason we all still can own guns is just that, BS. The NRA is all about compromise and that will only eventually end in disarmament.

Well that is your opinion and little else.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I let my membership expire a long time ago. All I got was emails and letters begging for money, and I don't feel that they are very effective on the political front. They don't fight at all in the states that need them the most.

Who put up most of the cash to fight the gun laws in Colorado?

How much did you contribute?

DCM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Granger
    I joined recently. Seems to be the most influential group that can fight the erosion of the Constitution that's been happening lately--even if it is the advocate of just one Amendment, its the "Nuclear Option" amendment against tyranny

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    The NRA has more programs that support the entire American gun culture than many people realize, way too many to enumerate here. And for good reasons, some gun clubs make it a mandatory requirement to join the NRA (2 of mine do). One of my gun clubs has been an NRA affliliated club since the 1920's. Folks support the NRA without even realizing it when they buy targets that have the NRA logo on them, and buy products from firearms & other industry related corporations that are NRA "Ring of Freedom" Corporate Partners.

Since 2005, corporations have contributed between $19.8 million and $52.6 million to the NRA as detailed by its Ring of Freedom corporate giving program. The vast majority of funds—74 percent—contributed to the NRA from “corporate partners” are members of the firearms industry: companies involved in the manufacture or sale of firearms or shooting-related products. Contributions to the NRA from the firearms industry since 2005 total between $14.7 million and $38.9 million.

http://www.vpc.org/studies/bloodmoney.pdf

Last edited:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Yeah, no problem. I make crap money but live cheap. Try to support what I can when I can. Besides, free hat!

:rolleyes:........It ain't free,dude.......:):.......you paid fer it,trus'me......:):

Oh god. I got my first NRA related email. I guess that means they've spent my money and will be sending me my card and hat soon :P

:):.......Ya ain't seen nuth'n,yet......LOL.....:):......you'll be flood'd with 'Gimme money' 'bout ever 5-7 days......:):

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I donate to NRA-ILA, but I haven't joined the NRA. It still sticks in my craw that the NRA was pro-NFA '34 and pro-GCA '68. Probably never will join. Not even for a $35 ballcap hat.

Throwsstones

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    Morgan county
    I've been an NRA member since the 70's and a Life member for most of that time. I feel they are the best organization we have to protect our rights as gun owners. It is your responsibility to fight for your freedoms, be it supporting them or another organazion. At least call your representatives and make your views known.

Top Bottom