• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I've done a lot of furnaces doing plant maintenance. I never worked on ac and don't have the equipment. But I did stay in a holiday inn express last night.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    That's great you have a machine to teach him on. I don't do it as a hobby. I couldn't avoid it though my career.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    We were doing 3 cars for a museum. Floors, walls, and ceilings. 1st welder couldn't cut it. 2nd welder couldn't. 3rd welder burned through the ceiling. I said I could do it. I got tired of it being trashed. I did all 3. Promised welder rate but didn't get it. I tested out and joined the coupler crew. Then they sent me to welding school.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    :hijack:

I am certified. There's 33 lbs of wire in a 33 lb spool. Buy a welder and try it out if you want to learn. It does take practice. It could be very lucrative.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Yes learn how to weld. I weld up parts all the time for home projects and repairs. It really isnt that hard at all go back through my posts and youll see me ask completely noob questions then slowly learn more. I am by no means an expert but the time it took me to understand the practice and put out good welds was relatively short. If you want to go the cheap route i have a buddy who uses a vulcan welder from HF that seems to run pretty well. Everlast also puts out a low priced very functional welder. or go red/blue whatever you want to drop cash on

and if you want to go all out hobart courses really aren't that expensive and my instructors there were very knowledgeable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you do start welding you will soon see that there is a need for some specific tools and pieces. Fab work has its own demands tooling wise but the results can be rewarding.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You'll have to have it shipped to a certified welding instructor and answer questions about spools of wire to pick it up. Remember to keep the welder and the wire separate when you're bringing it home.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A buddy of mine hosts Tig welding classes at his shop on the Southwest side of town. I'll post up here when a class opens up again.

~$100 for more than a half day on the Tig welding steal & aluminum. You can also bring your own welder and get tips on setup & use.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Watching people I consider masters with the Tig never gets old. I can weld. But on something tedious like repairing A part for a pistol that is no longer available I take it to one of them. Know your limits. If you want to expand them you need pedal time.

Walking the cup or stacking neat dimes ain't for everybody.. lol...
    It's an art to know your machine with buttloads of pedal time...

Top Bottom