• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7.62-5.56Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Portland, IN
    I am thinkin about selling my Glock 22. i havent picked it up in about 2 months it just sits on the shelf in the gun safe. ive been thinkin about selling it for a while now. i try to live by the "never sell your guns" rule my dad always told me. ive just got other pistols i would rather shoot/carry than the G22 i know its a good gun and ive got all kinds of accessories for it/ on it. just kinda milling around the idea of cash in my pocket or another new firearm in the safe..

[content removed - esrice]

Last edited by a moderator:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thats a tough one. I would say if you can afford to keep it, keep it. Unless you want to sell it to me for a reeeeaaaallllyyyy good deal.:D I have done both, sell and keep. There are a few I regret selling, but most are easily replaced. Musical instuments OTOH, I have made some big mistakes there.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The only guns I am emotionally tied to are those I've had custom made, my Security Six, and my new Para Companion. Everything else can come and go as my desires change. As long as it wasn't a gift or something, why not get rid of it?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I know exactly what you are going through. I have a brand new, never fired M&P AR-15X with about a thousand dollars worth of never used extras that just sits in my safe. Some days I want to sell it all cheap just to get rid of it and other days I want to keep it. It's a tough decision to get rid of something you really appreciate (and looks so damn good).

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    i feel you on the musical insturments ive got an acoustic electricibanez if youre interested lol

Left handed? Thats why I regret selling em. My biggest regret, a Martin HD-28 left hand. I made money on it, but still wish I hadn't let it go.

About the only gun I regret selling was a .40 cal Browning High Power Practical about 15 yrs ago.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I am thinkin about selling my Glock 22.

its got a 3.5 lb. trigger, extended feild strip buttons, butt plug,3 holsters 1 retention blackhawk-1sob black leather galco 1iwb black galco, 2-15 rd mags 1- 10 rd mag laserlight rear sight laser.

Gee, that doesn't sound like a classified ad does it? Only thing that is missing is a price and pictures. :dunno:

Last edited:

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I finally let loose of the Sig P229 I had owned for 20 Years the other day. Same scenario, it set in the drawer, I don't reload so kinda $$ to shoot. Ended up selling it and got a great deal on a DPMS AR-15. Not had a AR since the mid 80's (was a Colt H-Bar, still kick myself for selling that one !) Just depends on what a guy wants. Certain guns I wish I had back and others I won't own again. My two cents if you sell a gun to buy another gun your same as reinvesting your money. I don't know to many quality guns if taken care of, that don't increase in value. If you sell a gun, just to have pocket cash, then it usually gets spent on something that does not hold it's value.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The only guns I am emotionally tied to are those I've had custom made, my Security Six, and my new Para Companion. Everything else can come and go as my desires change. As long as it wasn't a gift or something, why not get rid of it?

QFT

I would just throw in sentimental value. My dad has a Colt Python in 357 nickel with ivory handles. It goes to me one day and once I have it, I would never part with it. Anything else is up for grabs as my wants/needs change.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't think there's a gun that I've sold that I did not regret selling not too long afterwards. Lately, every time I think about selling a gun, I tell myself that if I did not have one and saw it at the price I think I could get it for, I'd probably buy it. So, I save the hassle and just keep it. Most of the guns that I think of selling are under $300 and that $300 disappears far quicker than the memory of the gun.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am not big on selling guns, I would rather just buy more and on the rare occasion I do sell one I usually regret it at some point in time. But if you do not use it and do not plan on using it and you can get something else that you would use than I say go for it. The only way I will ever get rid of a gun is if it is to go toward getting another one. Good luck with your decision.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    You could always trade it. That way you're not breaking the "never sell a gun" rule, and you still get something you would rather have.
    Of course, I for one don't hold that as a rule, so I would have already sold it by now and moved on to the next one. :)

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    I had a G22, sold it, bought a G35. Both were used, new to me. I bought the G35 for USPSA as an option for Production, Limited 10, and Limited. Maybe IDPA too. Sad to say I've shot it 4-5 times, never in competition. Needs new sights, slide refinished (maybe), and alot of practice. I shoot my XD9 tactical (trigger job, new sights) more than any other pistol I own. So the G35 justs sits there. As my wife says, "it won't go bad on the shelf". I think that is her philosophy on jewelry, shoes and purses too.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I have been on the fence about selling an old Star pistol.

I don't really have any use for it. I don't carry it, I don't shoot it all that often, and I could make a decent profit off of it since I didn't pay hardly anything for it.

On the other hand, its a great gun! It has a super crisp SAO trigger and is incredibly accurate.

Everytime I am tempted to sell it and get some cash, I just think that the little bit I would make just isn't worth giving up the ability to have such a nice "cheap" pistol.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    It's a Glock.
    And a 22 at that.
    They're ubiquitous.
    It's not rare or special. It's a G22.
    Sorry Glock guys, but it's true.
    You can get them anywhere because they are used by so many police departments.
    If you sell it and regret it you can get one just like it the next day.
    IMHO of course.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom