• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am mixed on this, the school system already seems like it's a trainer for a police state. Wouldn't this make our kids more tolerant of a police state in the future?

This is why I am mixed on it. I think it should be allowed, but not manditory. Perhaps require CC? I know. I'm an OC advocate, but I also don't want my kids thinking a police state is ok.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I like the comment that states, we trust teachers with our children. We trust teachers enough to allow them to drive that evil killing machine, the automobile. Why can't we allow our teachers the ability to protect our children if the unimaginable happens?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Why do people think that just because the shooter had an AR that a teacher with a handgun would be useless, it's not like the shooter was across an open field or anything.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I'm a teacher and I would be honored to be able to defend the staff and students. I also currently have my own children at the school that I teach at. I don't see many other teachers carrying but an administrator should take interest in training because most likely they would have the highest percentage of being involved.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    Up front let me stress that I too am grieved over the children who were murderedin CT, but I still believe school shootings are like plane crashes: rare but vivid. Arming teachersis not the right answer! Teachers, as a group, are not firearm types. Whatwould the cost to tax payers be to arm educators? If you’re going to arm them,you have to pay to train them. Are school districts going to issue the weapons?Although one child dead is one too many, the frequency of school shootingsdoesn't warrant such a radical action. Perhaps start with increased situationalawareness training and better security measures. For example, I’d feel betterabout spending money on surveillance equipment and controlled entry points. Withall that said, I think people who wish to do so should be able to carry theirfirearms at schools, on college campuses, at hospitals, on military bases (thisis one of the most ironic places for firearms to be banned), and so on. This would be sufficient to keep a would be killer guessing and maybe even dissaude the killer from killing. Regardless, Ido not support arming all teachers as a policy.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Up front let me stress that I too am grieved over the children who were murderedin CT, but I still believe school shootings are like plane crashes: rare but vivid. Arming teachersis not the right answer! Teachers, as a group, are not firearm types. Whatwould the cost to tax payers be to arm educators? If you’re going to arm them,you have to pay to train them. Are school districts going to issue the weapons?Although one child dead is one too many, the frequency of school shootingsdoesn't warrant such a radical action. Perhaps start with increased situationalawareness training and better security measures. For example, I’d feel betterabout spending money on surveillance equipment and controlled entry points. Withall that said, I think people who wish to do so should be able to carry theirfirearms at schools, on college campuses, at hospitals, on military bases (thisis one of the most ironic places for firearms to be banned), and so on. This would be sufficient to keep a would be killer guessing and maybe even dissaude the killer from killing. Regardless, Ido not support arming all teachers as a policy.

I see maybe 2 teachers feeling comfortable but why wouldn't you want a veteran who became a teacher not to have the opportunity to protect the innocent. I completely agree that about n>95% would freak out about even touching a gun. I would of loved to see Sister Theresa come into class with a Glock. Lol

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

1. Yes, school shootings ARE rare! So are MALL shootings! What's your point?

2. What particular career choice is "firearm type"
    I know plenty of teachers (and soon to be teachers) that ARE gun owners.

3. What is "radical" about allowing law abiding citizens to carry their choice of self defense at work?
    I carry while I work, and so do many others. What makes teachers any different?

4. Most schools already have security cameras, and "controlled entry points"! The Sandy Hook school HAD the doors locked! The killer simply shot through the locked glass doors, and walked in!

I'm confused by your contridictions. First you say that it's "radical", then you say that "people" should be allowed to carry wherever they want.
    Unless your stance is against "mandatory" arming of teachers, which I don't think ANYONE is advocating.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    Dirtebiker....lots of CAPS and exclamation points in your post...for EMPHASIS I suppose. :) Sorry I wasn't clear enough. My stance is NO to teachers being armed in school as a policy (IOW, teacher eduction should not include weapons training); YES to teachers being armed if they wish to be.

Top Bottom