Should we be concerned purchasing new AR's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would bet that even if the Republican House, Senate and Trump are dumb enough to commit political suicide by letting a gun ban pass, the AR15's already owned will be "grandfathered" in (at least for now).
    But you can count on them coming for them at some time in future years when they can get the votes, as the end game of the left is to disarm the general populace.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I would bet that even if the Republican House, Senate and Trump are dumb enough to commit political suicide by letting a gun ban pass, the AR15's already owned will be "grandfathered" in (at least for now).
    But you can count on them coming for them at some time in future years when they can get the votes, as the end game of the left is to disarm the general populace.

I'm not worried about having my guns grandfathered. I won't be hiding mine

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The only reason I see to buy them now is if people start panicking and you can then no longer get them and or the prices are sky high.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why would you be concerned? Those firearms exist to defend your rights.

You have your logic backwards in that you think rights protect your firearms, lol.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    Buy it if you really want it. During this gun grabbing frenzy I'm not so much concerned about the guns themselves as much as things like magazines. It figures that I'd pass on PSA's frequent special of the Magpul D60 drum just before the political SHTF. D60's are now out of stock pretty much everywhere. Banning new sales is much easier for the left to get away with than actual confiscation. The courts would be logjammed for 20 years if they passed a gun confiscation bill.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale

The Dems are mostly anti-gun, so no change there. Most Republicans these days have no spine and mostly blow with the prevailing wind. Trump isn't really a politician and even though he ran as a Republican and behaves pretty much as expected with regard to economics (low taxes, better trade deals, etc) he's a complete wild card when it comes to things like gun control. I was kind of afraid of this when he won the election. We all knew HRC was anti-gun, possibly even more so than BHO, so there weren't any surprises. Trump made some good pro-gun speeches during the campaign but we really couldn't be sure how he'd respond when faced with a crisis, like a mass shooting in a school.

The career politicians will play wait-and-see as long as possible to get an idea which position will help their reelection chances, or at least not hurt them. A small number will vote based on their values and let the chips fall where they may. What we need to do is get into this fight and have an effect on the narrative.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Buy, buy, buy... as many as you can afford while the prices are low.

This is my plan. If history holds true, prices will skyrocket and I’ll be able to unload them at a premium and then watch the prices go back down. It was humorous watching people try to sell the basic ARs they bought for $1,500 right before the last election. I’m sure the manufacturers are preparing to have enough available for the increased sales.

Top Bottom