• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm not a knife guy but Brad has this on his table . Feels very sturdy and small enough for daily carry. This is a cool little knife.

6K7ETVh.jpg

r9wpPIA.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I would have in a heart beat. Great blade and at 99 dollars that's a steal. Brad always tells me he is going to give me the Ass hole buddy deal and that's usually a up barge from what's marked on the blade lol.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Guys. For the record I disn't ask Brad on the price. I just thought $99 sounded good. lol

From what I know these knives start around $500 range. Someone correct me if wrong.

Mauser-K98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a Medford praetorian. Paid Like $560 for it. It was very heavy, the clip was extremely stiff, and you needed two hands to open it. Plus it's so expensive you don't want it to get scratched. I got rid of it in a week after the novelty wore off.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    i cant see why a knife is 600

10 years ago I carried a $20 Gerber Paraframe. I couldn't imagine how anyone could spend $50+ on a "pocket knife".

5 years ago I started carrying a $60 Kershaw Blur. I couldn't imagine how I'd carried that rickety Gerber for so long.

Yesterday I spent over $200 on a ZT0301 and that Blur now feels a bit rickety by comparison. While I can't imagine a sturdier or more well built folder than this ZT, I can certainly understand how this disease progresses and people fall in love with those high-dollar customs.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/cutting-edge/362679-most-expensive-knife.html

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I heard a guy at the Elkhart show today trying to sell somebody a gigantic no name auto. He said retail was $600 but he'd take $200. He was also selling some sweet ninja spear points. I could get his number for you.:D

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    10 years ago I carried a $20 Gerber Paraframe. I couldn't imagine how anyone could spend $50+ on a "pocket knife".

5 years ago I started carrying a $60 Kershaw Blur. I couldn't imagine how I'd carried that rickety Gerber for so long.

Yesterday I spent over $200 on a ZT0301 and that Blur now feels a bit rickety by comparison. While I can't imagine a sturdier or more well built folder than this ZT, I can certainly understand how this disease progresses and people fall in love with those high-dollar customs.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/cutting-edge/362679-most-expensive-knife.html
    that i can see. guess i havent made it pass the 50-90 knife that i actually use ....yet

Better investment than a gun
    how?

Mauser-K98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    $150-$200 for me seems to be the sweet spot where I can find a nice quality knife I will actually use. I have two in my EDC rotation, a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 and a Zero Tolerance 0350BW. The ZT is assisted open and built like a tank, and the Spyderco is an elegant slicer that is lighter weight. Love them both.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

The second you buy a new gun, whether you shoot it or not, it's used and it immediately falls in value. Unless it's some extremely limited model or a model that gets discontinued that had a huge following, chances are you're going to loose money. A good chunk of it

Knives from custom makers are usually backordered because the demand is high for what limited supply there is. Lots of makers you can buy a knife, use it, then sell it for what you got into it for, maybe even make a little if it's not beat too bad and someone really wants it.

At Blade this past year I saw an RJ Martin get bought for $1200, get sold for $2000, then get sold for $3000......happened all within a couple hours

Top Bottom