• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Nope. And if you look closely at the last pic, you can see at its bottom edge the very top of a Kershaw Shallot that I forgot to take out of my back pocket for the original pic. Lol.

Nice.Thanks for the pics!

No extra room for medical gear somewhere?
    If you're prepared for a knife fight you might as well get prepared to get cut. :dunno:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nice.Thanks for the pics!

No extra room for medical gear somewhere?
    If you're prepared for a knife fight you might as well get prepared to get cut. :dunno:

Not so much preparing for a knife fight... I just like knives. If somebody else pulls a knife on me, I'm either shooting them or running the **** away, whichever looks like the better option at the moment. I would rather be shot than knifed. If I end up needing a tourniquet I got 550 paracord bootlaces. If I need a bandage I guess I'll use my shirt. Beyond that, with my lack of memory when it comes to first aid, I'm screwed.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not so much preparing for a knife fight... I just like knives. If somebody else pulls a knife on me, I'm either shooting them if I can or running the **** away. I would rather be shot than knifed. If I end up needing a tourniquet I got 550 paracord bootlaces. If I need a bandage I guess I'll use my shirt. Beyond that, with my lack of memory when it comes to first aid, I'm screwed.

You might cut yourself by accident with your own knife too.It happens even when when you are careful.

550 paracord makes for a very bad tourniquet.It's way too thin.It will cut your skin but not stop the bleeding.
    Plus how do you get it tight enough? Improvise some kind of windlass? How do you keep it in place once tightened? :dunno:

Nothing beats a dedicated commercial made tourniquet. :twocents:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Oh I've cut myself with almost every knife I've ever owned at one time or another, and have needed stitches a couple of times.

At least I'm not Rhino. Lol.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not so much preparing for a knife fight... I just like knives. If somebody else pulls a knife on me, I'm either shooting them or running the **** away, whichever looks like the better option at the moment. I would rather be shot than knifed. If I end up needing a tourniquet I got 550 paracord bootlaces. If I need a bandage I guess I'll use my shirt. Beyond that, with my lack of memory when it comes to first aid, I'm screwed.

Let me help you out. Keep in mind I am not a paramedic and this is not a replacement for tourniquet, hemostatics or full IFAK. I tried a lot of things before I settled on this for daily carry. It's not much but cheap, the packaging holds up well, it fits in my back pocket comfortably and I can do a lot of stuff with it.

https://www.rescue-essentials.com/non-woven-z-fold-gauze-by-phokus-3-x-4yds/

https://www.rescue-essentials.com/h-h-mini-compression-bandage/

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Today's load out... Minus holsters and sheaths because because it was easier this way.

20170513_153641_zpsnl232rri.jpg

That's a good looking P35, sir!

And a good start on your blade carry! HAH!

:yesway:

You can never have enough blades.

Amen!

Nope. And if you look closely at the last pic, you can see at its bottom edge the very top of a Kershaw Shallot that I forgot to take out of my back pocket for the original pic. Lol.

Redeemed!

You might cut yourself by accident with your own knife too.It happens even when when you are careful.

550 paracord makes for a very bad tourniquet.It's way too thin.It will cut your skin but not stop the bleeding.
    Plus how do you get it tight enough? Improvise some kind of windlass? How do you keep it in place once tightened? :dunno:

Nothing beats a dedicated commercial made tourniquet. :twocents:

Agree with Sylvain.

Para cord is too skinny (unless you braid it!), plus it would be tough to apply to yourself with one hand. One of the wider latex-ey versions that you just wrap and tie isn't the best, but they weigh next to nothing and they take little space in a pocket. If you need to improvise a tourniquet, you need something wider like a bandana and an improvised windlass. Remember: while you can improvise a lot of first-aid gear with good results, you may not have the time or you may need to apply it to yourself with one hand.

Oh I've cut myself with almost every knife I've ever owned at one time or another, and have needed stitches a couple of times.

At least I'm not Rhino. Lol.

I resemble that remark!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    That's a good looking P35, sir!

And a good start on your blade carry! HAH!

Amen!

Redeemed!

Agree with Sylvain.

Para cord is too skinny (unless you braid it!), plus it would be tough to apply to yourself with one hand. One of the wider latex-ey versions that you just wrap and tie isn't the best, but they weigh next to nothing and they take little space in a pocket. If you need to improvise a tourniquet, you need something wider like a bandana and an improvised windlass. Remember: while you can improvise a lot of first-aid gear with good results, you may not have the time or you may need to apply it to yourself with one hand.

I resemble that remark!

Paracord would rip the hell out of your skin while stopping ZERO blood flow...

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Been my EDC lately.

Spyderco Dragon fly G10
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    KABAR TDI in a NSR tactical horizontal Sheath
    Spare mag in a Bravo Concealment mag carrier
    G19 with Suarez RMR slide (saving for the RMR) in a Raven concealment Vanguard 2

And before someone asks yes I carry round in the chamber with the Vanguard and I haven't shot my self yet. It holds the gun securely, just don't try to re holster with it in your pants.

all of this conceals very easily under a polo.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Been my EDC lately.

Spyderco Dragon fly G10
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    KABAR TDI in a NSR tactical horizontal Sheath
    Spare mag in a Bravo Concealment mag carrier
    G19 with Suarez RMR slide (saving for the RMR) in a Raven concealment Vanguard 2

And before someone asks yes I carry round in the chamber with the Vanguard and I haven't shot my self yet. It holds the gun securely, just don't try to re holster with it in your pants.

all of this conceals very easily under a polo.

What's with the sights on the G19?

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    some of you carry a lot of blades. How many do you find yourself using regularly?

Moving back towards the coast I've found the "pocket- ability" of the j frame useful. I can go into my day one way and adjust fire as needed by going to a pocket

I need the pocket space. Only one knife gets to go along.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I wear bib overalls which have a lot more space than a t-shirt and pair of shorts or jeans. I still have room for a wallet, my keys, a pocket watch and assorted pocket stuff that fills them up as a day goes on.

I am only carrying a pen, a little flashlight, a pair of knives, one is pretty small actually, and a very small 9mm pistol with 7 rounds total in it. I do occasionally bring along an extra magazine for the pistol but even then I have plenty of room.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    some of you carry a lot of blades. How many do you find yourself using regularly?

Moving back towards the coast I've found the "pocket- ability" of the j frame useful. I can go into my day one way and adjust fire as needed by going to a pocket

On a day to day basis only use one of the 3 blades I carry, the other 2 are defensive only. The Emerson Karambit is the primary, I've been experimenting with the TDI the last few weeks and I really like it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

2 or 3 blades is not "a lot".I think "a lot " starts at 5. :):

Like Tomahawkman said, some blades are carried not to be used daily.
    You keep them sharp for emergencies.
    Different blades for different applications.

I used to carry a small tiny keychain knife just to use around people who would get scared by a larger knife.
    Some will carry a beater knife to do dirty work without damaging their more expensive main folder.

Top Bottom