• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I learned to drive at the ripe age of 15 in my dad's then-new 1988 Freightliner with a 444 Cummins which, at the time was pretty much the king of the road discounting a few souls with V8 Caterpillars or V12 Detroits, or some serious home upgrades. One of my favorites was a Mack RD with one of the last mechanical engines and an air ride cab over a camelback suspension, even though the cab was short enough I couldn't sit fully upright! I sat in a B model once and basically had to curl up into a fetal position to fit inside the cab.

One wonders how the Bighorn might have affected the quest for more power had Dodge not discontinued it on account of changing safety regulations which made it not worthwhile with the low production numbers involved. After all, it has the largest radiator ever installed in a truck from the factory and cooling is the biggest problem when 'turning up' engines.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    There's a semi repair/towing shop on highway 50 east of Versailles that has several bada$$ rigs, but they also have an old Mack wrecker that says BIG MACK ATTACK on the back. Man I love that thing!!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    2 1/2 hour wait for a blown brake chamber. At least the weather is nice.

Time you never get back, that sucked for you. Hope you get hourly and mileage.

Pulling container for 6 years before my health issue, I was lucky we got hourly and miles along with detention pay.
    Great money, but pulling some of the chassis the rail yard put the containers on was a joke.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I know I'm like 7 years late making this joke and I probably posted in it already because I had my CDL at the time but

" *Gasp* How dare you, this website is supposed to be family friendly!"

Top Bottom