• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm gonna guess it has something to do with this.

Plinker​

reputation_bronzestar.gif
    reputation_bronzestar.gif

reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_greenh.gif
    reputation_gold.gif
    reputation_gold.gif
    reputation_gold.gif
    reputation_gold.gif
    reputation_gold.gif

New to the INgo...
    My name is Rick Geary and I wanted to thank the Ingo members for the kind words of encouragement I have received regarding the shop. I ask everyone that comes in how they heard about the shop and roughly 40 percent have said INGO. With that being the case I thought I may as well join up.
    I try to have a mix of guns leaning towards the unusual. While not a very PC person, when it comes to firearms I really tend to "celebrate diversity" as it where. INGO "River Rats" are welcome to stop by when in the neighborhood. The A/C works and the library is open to peruse for hours. I really don't worry about customers hanging out and BS'ing and not buying. Knowing my gun store past I would be a bit of a hippocrate (sic) if I did. Maybe my darling was right when she said I built a clubhouse where I can hang out with like minded individuals surrounded by walnut, steel and history.

Thanks again,

Rick:ingo:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I know just the movie you'd like to watch. It's called "Rustlers Rhapsody", it's totally along the lines of that clip. Personally I like the movie and think it's cute, but I can't watch it when Bills home, it makes him nuts! He hates it! Oh well, there are some movies that I ask him not to watch when I'm up, for the same reason. :):

And WELCOME to INGO! :welcome:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Break room, rep pyramid. Kinda defeats the prupose when they play those games.:noway:

I joined INGO because in my first week of opening 40% of the folks walking through the door said they were from INGO. My ego along with my stature are rather small. I sortof know what a "Food Pyramid" is but I still don't understand what a "rep pyramid" is. In order to be involved in any game since for as long as I remember you have to be a willing participant. I mean hide and seek was no fun if you didn't know you were in the game.Right? I am a fan of South Park and thought the little video clip of Trey Parker singing a song about a happy day would make someone smile. That's it.

I joined this site and would like to be a supporter because I felt I "owed" you all something for making my first weeks opening (with no advertising) a modest success. I still do. In a post on smoking and a post by some 9/11 truthers I spoke from the heart about what I felt and some people felt positive about my posts. I had no control over that.

I am an a-hole, I really am and I really don't care at all about rep pyramids, mayan pyramids, or the cute little ones from the 70's that were supposed to sharpen Dad's razors. I thought this forum was a place for like minded individuals to post, opine, and share. That's it. No secret plot to be liked by people I have never met. I don't even care if people I have met like me much less folks I havn't met. Life's too short.

Indy

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I know just the movie you'd like to watch. It's called "Rustlers Rhapsody", it's totally along the lines of that clip. Personally I like the movie and think it's cute, but I can't watch it when Bills home, it makes him nuts! He hates it! Oh well, there are some movies that I ask him not to watch when I'm up, for the same reason. :):

And WELCOME to INGO! :welcome:

I love "Rustlers Rhapsody" along with "Evil Roy Slade". My spouse does the same. ""Really, you think that's funny?" as I am rolling on the floor holding my side. Trey said it best, "There are two kinds of people in the world, those that get Monty Python and those that don't." I think "Cannibal the Musical", "Evil Roy Slade", and "Rustlers Rhapsody" fall undeer the same criteria.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Two people could have repped him and he could have that much...I can hand out almost 2 badges myself.

Twelve people reped me. Hmmm. That sounds painful, let's word that another way. Twelve people left positive comments. I found it under CP. Five were on the smoking posts, two on the clint lays it on the line, two was on the 8% of afghans, and one on COD black ops post, one on the shop and one on the man who predicted 9/11.

You oughta check out the Lebowskifest in Louisville sometime. The character dude is based on was there one year along with the car from "The Big Lebowski', the sign from the bowling alley is at "4th street live" in downtown Louisville. If you are a fan you oughta check it out sometime.

Indiucky

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Cop: And was there anything of value in the car?
    Dude: Oh, uh, yeah, uh...A tape deck, some Creedence tapes and there was a, uh, uh, my briefcase.
    Cop: In the briefcase?
    Dude: Uh, uh, papers, um, just papers, uh, you know, uh, my papers. Business papers.
    Cop: And what do you do, sir?
    The Dude: I'm unemployed.

Edit: I just did my monthly check for TBL on Blu Ray and just found that's it's been out for over a month. :facepalm:

I know that there is absolutely no good reason to have a BR copy since I have it on DVD but my BR collection doesn't seem complete without it.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    With no insult or negative thought intended, how did you amass all of that rep with 35 posts?

I repeat what I said in my original post. Nothing was intended - it was just a simple question on my part. I think my question has been answered in a number of different ways. Thanks to all.

As an aside, I believe that if one person's "rep" power is so great that it can distort the meaning of the system, something is out of whack.

Just my .02.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I repeat what I said in my original post. Nothing was intended - it was just a simple question on my part. I think my question has been answered in a number of different ways. Thanks to all.

As an aside, I believe that if one person's "rep" power is so great that it can distort the meaning of the system, something is out of whack.

Just my .02.

If the rep system weren't capable of being gamed like is has been, or if someones rep power decayed over time, it might be more useful. As it exists, it's basically useless except as a game to see how much one can amass.

Top Bottom