• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Transient wanderer..
    How much do these run? I haven't been able to find any prices.
    Currently, there are four basic platforms of pistols that all models are built from as a foundation and optioning is added for each model based on what the customer wants or if the customer wants to order something "special".

They have a wide pricing range going from their Entry Level alum. straight frame Officer model of $1295, all the way up to their full-boogie, fully tricked out stainless steel frame/slide Gov't model with all the optional goodies on it at approx. $2600. There is sure to be something that fits everyone's budget and tastes. :)

JetGirl will have a full list of gun models and pricing for all they offer, including optioning after tomorrow, so you can check with her if you'd like to purchase or order one to play with. :)

Cheers!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Today I got to test fire these locally made 1911s from Schroeder Bauman. They are hand built with parts machined on site from billet stainless steel. No assembly line stuff here... all hand fitted. The slide stop notch is milled extra high, so you can run them as hard as you like without any worries of slide bump. These were milled with finger grooves in the front, which made them a little hard for me to hold properly, as they pushed my fingers in an awkward grip. I definitely prefer their straight frame version. The sights are adjustable Novak and will (at some point) be available with night sights or fiber optics.

8d7cd1bd-0cb1-4983-83a7-fb543a742b68_zps1f9e3aa3.jpg

The first sight picture I had was burying the front post in the center dot of the target on the right. Pulling the trigger (way smoother than I expected…so it felt surprisingly light!) my first shot clipped the top of the board the target was stuck to.
    I didn’t want to jank up the sights for whoever might shoot that gun another day, so I used some Kentucky windage to walk it down instead of messing with the adjustable Novak sights. The strings on the top right were with the front post touching the bottom edge of the 8. Walking it down to touch the bull required putting the front sight on the bottom of the right target’s edge. The lowest hits were with a sight picture of about an inch of plywood between the bottom of the target and my front post. (The target on the Left was shot by “He Who Shall Remain Nameless By Request”).

IMG_0114_zpsdcc2b54c.jpg

As promised, I took my special monkey notebook with questions I’ve been writing down from interested parties;

IMG_0116_zps07589017.jpg

Q: Your current option doesn’t show features like extended paddle thumb safeties or bob-tail grips… will this be an eventual option?
    A: Yes. We are also currently redesigning an ambi-safety to deter breaking that seems to occur in ambidextrous safeties. We’ll be embarking on bob-tails in our second iteration.

Q: Sight options… will we be seeing sights with fiber optics or night sights?
    A: Yes.

Q: What kind of grips do you currently use?
    A: Right now we have hard black rubber and also carbon fiber.

Q: What calibers do they come in?
    A: Currently, just 45ACP. But we are eventually going to have multiple calibers to choose from. We will also be looking into conversion kits down the line.

Q: I see you’ve brought Government and Commander models. Do you offer anything smaller yet?
    A: Yes, we do have an Officer’s size, but further than that, compacts are not yet available.

Over all, this is definitely a quality piece that I see myself saving up for.
    Not to mention, I never had to load a mag. My gun butler did every one for me.
    These guns come with a sweet T-shirt, a kickin' key chain (with nifty features!), and a logo bushing wrench.

I wonder if they come with a gun butler, too...?

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    LOL. FYI. The AGS website is being update with pictures and specs on the 1911's, Jahreds pounding the coffee and most likely I'll get a workmans comp claim due to the amount of typing he is doing. This is a wholesale item only and can not be purchased from AGS direct. You will need to contact your local gun shop.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Finally got to meet Jay and am currently setting up a time to take their tour.
    I love field trips!
    I've been saving up to order one...but I'm not quite there yet. With custom orders being out at a year, maybe I should go ahead and JUMP. :yesway:

Top Bottom