• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • datIANguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2014
    Colfax
    It's that time of year again and I CANT WAIT!!!!!! Do any of you research on the net to find out if they're finding em???? I loosely track it, but the whole "you can't post anything on the internet that isn't true" (sarcasm) kills me!!!

Morel Mushroom Report

Check that link out!!! It gives me a rough idea as to when I should start going!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Didn't even think of this yesterday! I had to go look at a bunch of land along the Wabash River, mix of woods and farm fields. Should have done a more detailed inspection of the wooded fringe.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I do really well here on my land. I get 6-7 plus pounds most years. My buddy has an even bigger area. We have hunted it the last 2 years. We probably got 20 last year. I am so ready!! It will be at least 2-3 weeks before I see any here. Some times as late as the first week in May.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Lots of folks just throw on the old hiking boots and just prounce around in the woods hoping by dumb luck to stumble upon a nice mushroom, that's all wrong. These shrooms ain't dumb people. They see you coming a mile away. If you want to get serious about finding some nice mushrooms, then get GET SERIOUS:

gPqTLnv.jpg

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    About the ime the Honeysuckle starts to bud out is when I start seeing them. They run better later and I find a bunch under umbrella plants toward the end.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My neighbor who always does a lot better than I do hunting mushrooms went out today, I'll have to ask him what's up.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Let us know leadeye... I hoping that it holds off a couple weeks till things get good when I can get home and go!

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    The redbuds ain't budding and flowering, I.e. not mid-end April. Don't get too excited by finds you read about, these things take time to grow. In prime conditions they only grow around 1\2 an inch a day. The conditions just started getting right for oysters to be growing, the morels usually follow at least 2weeks after that. If your north of Bloomington its usually closer to the end of April before you'll see morels.

Also to any early hunters, please take care while walking. If you squash them before they grow you don't get too far.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I used to work with a guy that went out at night with nightvision to hunt mushrooms. He seemed to do pretty well. I'm not from IN but have lived here a while. I'm never had a morel mushroom. Please don't hate me.

Jason

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The may flowers ain't up yet and starting to bloom so its gonna be a week or two here. Last year it was april 10th but the cool nights will hold them off.. Need the warmer nights and some more rain...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I used to work with a guy that went out at night with nightvision to hunt mushrooms. He seemed to do pretty well. I'm not from IN but have lived here a while. I'm never had a morel mushroom. Please don't hate me.

Jason

Why did he do that? I feel like that would be harder than during the day, but I could be wrong as they wouldn't blend with the leaves as well... But it sounds to me almost like a guy who would do that so he could go places he wasn't supposed to.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I normally wait til the nights are in the 50's to start. This week may be the start of the season the way the temps and weather is supposed to be. I think i'll try middle of the week and see if I find anything.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Lots of folks just throw on the old hiking boots and just prounce around in the woods hoping by dumb luck to stumble upon a nice mushroom, that's all wrong. These shrooms ain't dumb people. They see you coming a mile away. If you want to get serious about finding some nice mushrooms, then get GET SERIOUS:

gPqTLnv.jpg
    I knew I was doing something wrong. Btw, Jomibe, that's me standing behind ole "shroom face" disguised as a tree....you thought you dropped that beauty, but it was me doin'a reach around.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Mid to upper 70's and lows in the upper 50's and lower 60's the next 4 days with rain off and on all week... might have some start to pop by this weekend.

Top Bottom