• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm not sure if they have steel toed boots but if you ever wanted to feel like god is cradling your feet then check out lowa boots. 90% have ZERO break in time and are used by soldiers and extreme mountaineers the world over. I convinced theweakerbrother to buy a pair and he'll tell you they are phenomenal.

People talk of religious awakenings or philosophical points in there life when they come to terms with an idea and it is a rushing feeling of exhilaration. When John Wesley encountered what he thought was an encounter with the divine for the first time, he described it as a warmth in his breast from the eternal source.

When you put on a pair of Lowa Trekker boots, it is a similar feeling. I've not walked hundreds of miles in these shoes but they make me want to do so.

The ones I have are not steel toed and I'm not sure if they make them that way. They aren't waterproof in the way that Gortex is but they are made from leather... I treated them with mink oil and they keep out water well enough.

I've never owned a 'nice' pair of boots to compare them to. I was fortunate enough to find a pair on clearance and I haggled the price down even more. My wonderful wife bought them for me for my birthday and I'm glad. I had a bit of buyer's remorse from buying them but after I wore them a few times, I'm glad I got them!

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I just did a lot of research on this topic in the last couple months. My job keeps me on my feet for 10-14 hours a day walking all day on concrete floors and walking 15-20 miles a day. I also have a foot problem with a history of ripped tendons in my right foot. I have looked at the Danners, Wolverines, Oakley, and many others, but the ones I finally decided on are the 5.11 Tactical ATAC 8" Storm boots. They feel like I am wearing tennis shoes, have a zip up side for easy on and off, are 100% waterproof, and have been the only shoe I wear for the last 6 months. (Including a friends wedding which tells you that they also look like dress shoes with pants covering the upper part of boot. They do make them in steel toe if that is what you are looking for. There is also a pocket in the side of each boot for a boot knife for the SHTF situation. I ordered mine from lapolicegear.com and received free shipping, a free 5.11 tactical boot knife, and 4 pairs of the 5.11 tactical socks which are also very comfortable. If you have any other questions feel free to hit me up.

Top Bottom