312212.gif

North 49® Swiss Flint Survival Tool
    YouTube - Fire starting with a Swiss fire steel

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Trying to get the wife on board with prepping. I'm good on ammo and alot of equipment because I've been in the Army for quite a while. I'm working on putting away food storage, and getting the family into gardening and raising some chickens to start.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I watch for sales..

Last week I added 20lbs of different pastas for $20
    week before it was Lipton noodle and/or rice dishes for $1 a piece also got 20
    Wally world once every 2 weeks.. TP, Soap, UA deodorant, Tooth paste, and toothbrush $50
    Aldi or Save-a-lot $100 a month canned stuff.
    between 12-30 fresh eggs a day.. (FREE eggs for INGO show up at my house with empty cartons)
    Awesome Where do you live?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    wow this thing came way back from the dead. damn these zombie threads.

here is my question to everyone though. besides me did anyone reread this thread and notice the differences in prices lol. 16 bucks for 22lr, not anymore ... 25 dollars for those mountain houses...now 30 lol.. but inflation isn't happening folks ignore it :)

Bazooka Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    South Central Indiana
    here is my question to everyone though. besides me did anyone reread this thread and notice the differences in prices lol. 16 bucks for 22lr, not anymore ... 25 dollars for those mountain houses...now 30 lol.. but inflation isn't happening folks ignore it :)

I did, and imagine what it is going to look like when the "inflation" does hit? Maybe this is what it looked like in N.Africa several years ago?

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Hand tools are one of those things that I think get overlooked a lot

Suprising how many people in the 'burbs don't have an axe, a good shovel or a pick

Each can be had for lass than 25 bucks

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Just because the thread is old doesn't mean it isn't a good one.

We started putting X-amount of cash back from my paycheck each week. This is all from the month where I drew no money from work. On top of storing the bit-o-cash back we are buying more food stores. Can't say that we spend $25 each week because if I go to the store to pick up an item I always come out with more zombie food. The wife picks stuff up each week, but not a specific amount.

I have slowed down on the ammo for now. Have a couple pet projects that are taking up my extra cash set aside for that.

Coming from a construction background I have a lot of hand tools. Electric as well as manual. Always looking for good deals on more.

But hey, I learned that bleach degrades faster than I would have thought, so I am happy about the old threads on INGO.

Top Bottom