• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    I'm building a list of medications to put in my long term medical kit and could use some help.

So far I have the basics:

NSAIDS

Ibuprofen (Advil)
    Aspirin (Bayer)
    Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
    Naproxen Sodium (Aleve)

Antihistamines

Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
    Cetirizine (Zyrtec)
    Loratadine (Claritin)
    Fexofenadrine (Allegra)

Anti-Biotics

Penicillin
    Doxycycline
    Amoxicillin

I know I am short a lot of things but these are the ones I can name off the top of my head. Also, can someone give a good recommendation on where to get antibiotics OTC online and a reference chart on safe dosage levels?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Not that INGO isn't a helpful place, but it just has far fewer "experts" to answer said questions... I recommend you head over to arfcom survival section... there is a 20+ page thread discussing what antibiotics you should have ... some of the responses are from MD's, some are from pharmacists, and some are from "regular folks", if you sort through the posts you'll come up with a list of about 4-6 antibiotics that will cover MOST incidents you can expect to encounter post-SHTF.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    A good alternative remedy book isnt a bad idea either. Also, if you have any persistent things like reflux that arent life threatening but sure are annoying, be sure to plan for those too.

trgore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    South West Indy
    with purified water not always available I would think to have some diarrhea meds around also tums rolaids etc. like others have said The Patriot Nurse. Herbs can be easily grown. A lot can be said about healing with herbs. My father went to an Amish doctor after being told he had cancer. He was giving 6 months to live with the Herbs he lived for 5 years.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Good point, thank you.

I did figure that natural remedies would be good for less than life threatening situations.

I'd put Nutrition Now PB8 at the top of the natural list. It is friendly bacteria. It comes in capsules and it does not have to be refrigerated. I have been using probiotics for about 30 years. It's the stuff that was in a lot of our food many years ago, but now just about everything is processed and dead. Everybody should be taking it regularly, unless you eat a lot of "live" foods.

A few bottles of raw apple cider vinegar would be #2 on the natural list.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    I'd put Nutrition Now PB8 at the top of the natural list. It is friendly bacteria. It comes in capsules and it does not have to be refrigerated. I have been using probiotics for about 30 years. It's the stuff that was in a lot of our food many years ago, but now just about everything is processed and dead. Everybody should be taking it regularly, unless you eat a lot of "live" foods.

A few bottles of raw apple cider vinegar would be #2 on the natural list.

I am definitely on a +1 on the probiotics. They have helped me in too many ways to describe

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    ArmedRph will probably see this sooner or later. I'm sure he has some valuable things to add to the conversation.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I definitely agree with the anti-diarrheal medication because dehydration can be so dangerous. What about iodine? I believe it can be used to help treat water and can be used to negate some of the effects of radiation.

Top Bottom