• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maniox74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Franklin, In.
    :Dwell everybody keeps talking about this and i agree its coming but whagt about a boat int he get home bag? with all this damn flooding goin on i think we need to find a boat to fit in bag too.:dunno:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    It'd be too much extra weight and not enough places to use it. There will be boats to be had anyways in places that you really need them. Of course, I'm assuming that you might be bugging out and on foot.

Edit:Sorry, I just saw that you said get home bag. Do you think you'll really need to cross a large body of water on your way home? Personally, I'm going to go home about the same way I drive home if all hell breaks loose.

maniox74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Franklin, In.
    yeah but with the way everythings flooding normal travel might not be available. ive seen place that never flood that have 3 or 4 feet of water and not passable with a vehicle. its just an out loud thought i guess...lol

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    A boat will be a pretty big item for a GHB. Lots of flooding now, that's for sure. Guess maybe you could store one in your vehicle. Maybe a floating vest would make more sense? Takes up less room and easier to carry.

Personally, I'm going to go home about the same way I drive home if all hell breaks loose.

If all hell breaks loose I do not plan on taking the roads the same as usual. Too many others on the roads. I will head cross country in the straightest, yet safest path available.

Guess it all depends on what you are getting home from.

maniox74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Franklin, In.
    yeah the country route will be more favorable in my mind than the city route or interstates cause who knows what will be there waiting on everyone to come through

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Find a decent stick, tie some 550 cord to it, toss it to the other side and get it caught on something to anchor (this is assuming there is a cross current that might knock you over, which can be hidden) and then tie it with a quick release knot to yourself or pack. :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I carry a floatation device in all of my modular kits. from the small one I keep in my pocket to the large one.
    as demonstrated to members in my MSG (2) when we went over bug out gear. I always consider water. we live in indiana.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    "Sua Sponte-Of thair own accord" . You have to be ready for anything, even if you think you will never encounter it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I carry a floatation device in all of my modular kits. from the small one I keep in my pocket to the large one.
    as demonstrated to members in my MSG (2) when we went over bug out gear. I always consider water. we live in indiana.

Care to divulge a little info or show what you have on here for those of us that never seem to make it down to the MSG2?

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    I'd say get smart on water crossings and improvised devices to assist in them. Your mind is the best tool you have.

Bazooka Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    South Central Indiana
    You know just a little more rain and Columbus would have probably been flooded out again. I know that hawcreek was only about a foot from the bridge in front of the hospital on saturday night. Kind of spooky because the last time it flooded was saturday.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Care to divulge a little info or show what you have on here for those of us that never seem to make it down to the MSG2?

I am not sure what Ranger is talking about but I do know that you can tie your blue jean leg holes tight and catch air in them to make a floatation device. Also, the best "clothing" I have ever seen used and have done it myself is the wind pants that have the white cloth liner inside them. They are amazing at holding air and they will keep you afloat for a while.

Top Bottom