• ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting

Suarez International are the leaders in AK training. Unlike some others, we are not johhny come lately's to the AK scene.

The AK-47/74 series of rifle is one of the most prolific and useful weapons on earth. Close to 100 million have been made in various parts of the world and anyone's chances of encountering these weapons is high. This special course will take a close look at the Kalashnikov Rifle System and teach you to fight with it in both the standard "urban rifle" engagement as well as in the Close Range Gunfighting matrix. This material will have you appreciating the AK platform like no other rifle. It is too simple to be "tactical".

DURATION: 2 Days PREREQUISITES: NONE PRICE $400.00
    AMMUNITION: RIFLE: Approximately 500 rounds (minimum) / PISTOL: Approximately 50 rounds (minimum) YOU NEED TO BRING: Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellent, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape) EQUIPMENT: AK-47 type rifle, (3) magazines and any ancillary rifle gear. Pistol, Holster, Pistol Magazines. Eye and Ear Protection.
    NOTE: Chest Rig/Tactical Vests are not allowed with CCW Holsters. If you wish to use a Chest Rig or a Tactical Vest, use a vest mounted holster or a thigh holster.

This is an Intermediate class. Though there are no prerequisites, you should already know how to run your rifle. This class is movement based and will be physical in nature. Optics, such as red dot sights are welcomed, but not required. Also you should have a good working knowledge of your chosen sidearm.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    decisions, decisions. Thanks for posting this.

Can you let us know when this has been posted on the site?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    There are still spots open in this class, but I am advising my overflow students from the upcoming MI class to look into this one. I am looking at an advanced AK class for 2012 in either MI or IN so it would be good to get this one under your belt, if you wanted to make the Advanced class.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Just returned from the Bellevue, MI iteration of this class. Had a fantastic time! Got to work with some really great students. With 13 students and two instructors, we went through a LOT of Gatorade and water. One thing that might interest some of you who shoot 5.45. We had three individual cases of failure to extract the case from the chamber. At first I thought it might be just caused by the one armed monkeys at Century. After the third one, and with all of the guys using the same Russian surplus ammo, I gotta believe that was the cause. No, I can't give you the exact description of the ammo, but I will try to followup on that. Other then that there were no issue's. Just a lot of shooting, learning, and sweating.

Here's to hoping it is a little less humid in the IN version of this class.:)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Still some spots open in this one. I don't think we can match the MI enrollment at this point, but we could still get close.;)

FYI, one of the guys from the MI class, stated in his AAR that he loved the class but really wished I would have yelled more and made him do AK pushups. Well, thats not me, buuut if that is what you go for (ahem, Cwood), let me know before class, and we can make arrangements.:D

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I don't own a AK. I have a stock SKS. Also a GB Mini14. Are either appropriate for the class?

FWIW, I have Gabe's Mini14 DVD and right on the front it says, "just as good as any other rifle".

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I don't own a AK. I have a stock SKS. Also a GB Mini14. Are either appropriate for the class?

FWIW, I have Gabe's Mini14 DVD and right on the front it says, "just as good as any other rifle".

Sure, either of those would work. It is a Kalashnikov oriented class, but the methods of fighting with rifles will be the same. While people using AK's for the class will learn to run the AK better, you can still get a lot out of the class using other rifles. I would probably go with the Mini, being mag fed. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

My question was along the same line. What if all I have is an AR? better to wait for a SI AR class?

I can't make this class but would like to know for future reference. I have more detailed questions and will PM you later this week.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    My question was along the same line. What if all I have is an AR? better to wait for a SI AR class?

I can't make this class but would like to know for future reference. I have more detailed questions and will PM you later this week.

We have had some guys run ARs in AK classes before. Usually they are LE or Military guys who wanted to take an advanced rifle class, but also wanted to use their normal rifle.

We do have other rifle and carbine classes that are not geared toward any one platform. Part of my MI and IN 2012 schedule will be out soon.

Top Bottom