• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My entry CZ was an SP-01. Frankly, didn't much care for it and put it in the back of the safe.

More recently, had some exposure to various CZ platforms and their modified potential. Took me hook, line and sinker! Now I have a growing stash of them.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A CZ 75 variant and a fully Cajunized CZ 75 variant are not the same animal. Before you dismiss the CZ altogether make sure you have experienced the finished product. The difference is night and day.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A CZ 75 variant and a fully Cajunized CZ 75 variant are not the same animal. Before you dismiss the CZ altogether make sure you have experienced the finished product. The difference is night and day.

I will add to that guns from CZC and guns from CGW or the Wizard are not the same. The ones that come from CZC are nice, but cajunized CZ's are better. At least IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will add to that guns from CZC and guns from CGW or the Wizard are not the same. The ones that come from CZC are nice, but cajunized CZ's are better. At least IMO.

As I have at least 1 from all 3 sources (actually 2 from the wizard) there is a marked difference in them. All are very well done but the CGW piece is just pure butter smooth as are the wizards.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Only own a 52, but I do like it.

Um, that's not a 75.

Late into the 75 game. Not buy my first one until undergrad, 90. Of course, they were harder to find then. All this was orchard and the 75s had to smuggled in from Canada.

Floodgates opened a couple of years later but I was on East Coast then Chicago. Focused on buying AR-15 and Glock mags in 93 and 94 right before the Clinton ban.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I didn't get into them until around 2010. I was looking for a good, all around handgun platform for the family. CZs seemed to fit the needs pretty well. The collection really took off after BA demonstrated what a tuned one can feel like. I'm happy with what I have now and don't see adding anything else except for maybe a third P10 to use with a RDS. The exception would be if I found a short rail selling at 75B prices. I'd snap that up in a flash, but the chances of that happening are less than the chances of winning the lottery.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The P-01 on the left is the oldest of any gun in my smallish collection, purchased new in Apr 2013 from Gander Mtn of all places. I saw it, knew I was going to overpay a bit vs a LGS, but it didn't matter... I had been searching for one for a long time by then, they had it, and it came home with me. This was the beginning, which led to the 75B in matte stainless, and most recently the PCR in the front/center, which has been on my list for a long time as well.

Both the P-01 and 75B have been fully worked over by The Wizard. I did the PCR myself with the CGW ultra-lite kit, which is not a full work-over by any means, but as BA and others have stated, anything CGW is a serious improvement over stock. It's also currently sporting olive drab/black LOK grips and a new FO front sight from CGW (not shown in the picture).

I have put the P-01 through its paces during the time I've owned it. Other than a couple bad WWB rounds that wouldn't chamber (also wouldn't feed in a couple other non-CZ guns on the table that day), it has been completely flawless. Between the three, I don't have any kind of hiccup to report at all.

They're all really good shooters right out of the gate. But something as simple as the CGW ultra-lite kit ($50) takes a really good gun and transforms it into something special IMHO.

24oT6lu.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    How well do they break in with use? I went to the gunshop to handle them after reading how much folks are loving them and was not impressed. I don't hate heavy DA triggers, but the "camming" was ridiculous.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They do break in quite well. The camming on a stock hammer does not go away with break in, but the action does smooth considerably as the round count climbs. That's one of the reasons that the surplus or police trade in 75s are so popular. Most of them have a butter smooth feel to them if they've been shot a bunch. But, with a bit of work and some parts, you can shortcut the whole process using CGW parts.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    See post 22.

They do break in quite well. The camming on a stock hammer does not go away with break in, but the action does smooth considerably as the round count climbs. That's one of the reasons that the surplus or police trade in 75s are so popular. Most of them have a butter smooth feel to them if they've been shot a bunch. But, with a bit of work and some parts, you can shortcut the whole process using CGW parts.

I see!

I was thinking that tonight. I'm comparing $800-$1000 Sigs to $500/$600 CZs. Need to look at apples to apples.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wish that you were up here in Indiana with the bunch of CZ nuts. Once in a while, we get together to shoot each other's CZs and there is always a good number of really highly tuned CZs in the mix. Spending the day shooting some really nicely done guns can be hard on the wallet, but it's good for the soul.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I wish that you were up here in Indiana with the bunch of CZ nuts. Once in a while, we get together to shoot each other's CZs and there is always a good number of really highly tuned CZs in the mix. Spending the day shooting some really nicely done guns can be hard on the wallet, but it's good for the soul.

I made it an hour till someone had money out of my wallet. Just a little...but still. :whistle:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    CZ's are great handguns and are used in numerous countries throughout the world. They are built. They are reliable. They shoot extremely well. They are made of steel CZ75B and when Cajunized in various degrees put a lot of other handguns to shame. And then once you get one, they seem to multiply all by themselves. You can't go wrong with a CZ. Period!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    czs are heavy but the p09 and p07 are nice. i have a cz p09 and it holds like 19-20 rounds. Its my travel gun when I leave a rifle at home. I also have a cz scorpion which is an awesome weapon

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    CZ's are great handguns and are used in numerous countries throughout the world. They are built. They are reliable. They shoot extremely well. They are made of steel CZ75B and when Cajunized in various degrees put a lot of other handguns to shame. And then once you get one, they seem to multiply all by themselves. You can't go wrong with a CZ. Period!

I can't get mine to multiply by themselves. It seems like I have to toss a bunch of money at them before another appears.

Top Bottom