• ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Wow...Just Wow!

Each time I see one of these threads all I see is....bla, bla, bla...entitlement mentality...bla, bla, bla...entitlement mentality. I want it now...and I want it at the price I want to pay...and I want it at the store when I go there. And anyone else who causes any problems with that is a selfish capitalist pig. And if I have to wait and I can't get it now and at the price I want, then someone else is being unfair and taking more than their "fare share" and I think they should be punished. Honestly people...are we adults here or are we 10 year olds? Because that is almost the exact same thing my 10 year old son whined about last weekend.

At what point in our society did we think that we have the right to purchase ANYTHING!!! We have the opportunity to buy lots of fun and necessary stuff in this country because of our somewhat free market system. This has created the most blessed and prosperous country in history.

We have all sorts of things here that the rest of the world can neither afford or have any access to. Go to South America, Africa, Asia, Europe...and you will see that some of the things we moan and whine about here are not even accessible. And even the basic necessities of life can...at times...be very difficult for others to obtain.

So for all of those who want to whine about gas, guns, ammo, cell phones...or whatever you can't get when you want it...GROW UP!!! The whole world does not revolve around you and every person on this planet is not here to provide for your needs. Yes, you may miss out on some things in life because you can't afford them or they are not available. That's life...GROW UP and man up and move on!!! Find the things that you can do and enjoy them. Many of the most successful people in life did not sit on their butts and whine about how they could not do what they wanted. They moved on with life and found something they were successful at and DID IT.

GROW UP!!!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    This is in regards to .22 ammo posts!

I am sooo sick of everyone saying how "they stocked up when it was cheap" and "they were smart enough to see this coming and bought all they could for $.02 a round or less".
    like me not everyone was into shooting 5-10-15 years ago when it was <$10 a bulk pack.
    Im sorry I wasn't as smart as you and saved my paper route money to hoard .22. I was 12 when .22 was less than $10 for bulk pack!
    Im sorry I have to keep 20000 rounds on hand "just in case" I would like to go shooting with friends within the next 5 years.
    I'm really sorry I hoped I could just walk into gander,Walmart,dicks ect... And just grab some ammo for a quick range trip and didnt have to stockpile it.

It is really sad to see people who all enjoy shooting for fun, turn on eachother.

I have only been in this hobby for 4.5 years. In that time I have seen ammo prices and gun prices skyrocket. So much so I was not able to shoot a 1/10 of what I would like to have. But god forbid I/someone mentions how prices are high or some ammo is hard to find. Then I see a flood of comments like I mentioned above.

So I say this. If you bought 40000 rounds 20 years ago because you were smart, GOOD FOR YOU! But you don't have to keep going around talking about it, and how dumb we were for not stocking up.

Whereas I'm sick of hearing people complain about ammunition 'unavailability'. You want ammo? Get up earlier and get there before the next guy. If you're complaining about cost, petition government to stop de-valuating our currency through its perpetually-inflationary measures. But don't say there's nothing available. On the classifieds here you can buy pretty much anything. I don't even get what the intended purpose of your rambling rant was about, so I'll cease my response to this bait with one of the best bits of advice I have in my arsenal and that you're likely to find anywhere. Capitalism: learn it, love it, live it.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    wow good for you! :yesway:
    Feeding the troll? Really?
    I believe you are exactly the type of person I am thinking about.
    I have never been through any previous shortages and no one ever told me I should stock up until it was to late.
    but I truly thank you for you current advice. Now excuse me while I go buy a tanker to store my gas and water just in case.

Be sure not to store your gas and water in the same tanker, bro.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So essentially, it's now wrong to tell people like OP to be self sufficient and responsible.

Don't let a little lesson in life teach you anything for pete's sake. Just keep complaining loudly and frequently enough that life is not fair and someone will be by shortly to give you your -hard earned- participation trophy.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I hate how Walmart does their orders. The stores that have a history of having it and selling it get auto shipments first. My store doesn't have the history so it rarely gets it. Maybe 2 times in 2 to 3 months.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I have no entitlement mentality towards .22 ammo. I have plenty.

I just think it's wrong that it's in such short supply that younger shooters are unable to enter our hobby/sport.

With that said I no longer have any youngsters at home, I'm 70+, non of my Grandkids are interested in the shooting sports, so it does not effect me directly.

But it's likely to effect all of us in the long run as our members become less and less and our voting base becomes smaller.

But at my age I doubt it will effect me.

Hope for the best you young folks.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have no entitlement mentality towards .22 ammo. I have plenty.

I just think it's wrong that it's in such short supply that younger shooters are unable to enter our hobby/sport.

With that said I no longer have any youngsters at home, I'm 70+, non of my Grandkids are interested in the shooting sports, so it does not effect me directly.

But it's likely to effect all of us in the long run as our members become less and less and our voting base becomes smaller.

But at my age I doubt it will effect me.

Hope for the best you young folks.

I STILL think it's a damn shame that we aren't making more of an effort to introduce all of these young folks with quality air rifles (better than the $50 Daisy) which can be had for the same as a good .22lr, and don't suffer from ammo shortages.

Everyone bemoans how "it's for the children because they can't shoot" when in reality they really can. But when we focus on the tool we lose sight of the fact that the goal is to get them to SHOOT.

Want to ensure the kids can learn shooting, instead of buying a crate of .22, buy a .22 air rifle and donate it to the organization.

Nevernoluck2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Peru
    Well if some of you absolutely can't find it I guess every time I do I can pick it up for you, show you a receipt and meet me close by and it's yours, I find it on a daily basis, just gotta know where to look

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My kids, my cousin's kids, my nieces and nephews aren't lacking for .22LR to shoot. If you didn't stock up, It's out there to be bought. Even at $60 for a bulk pack, it's still the cheapest ammo going.

Take all the "I stocked up and you should have too" as a lesson learned and start laying in a little bit every week or month. That's not just ammo, but any commodity item that could be in short supply. Nobody should have to tell you to go stock up on something. Food prices are going up. The price of everything is going up. Figure out what's important to you, plan your work and then work your plan. If you can't figure it out on your own, especially if you're a member here, it should cause you to reassess your general awareness.

It's on each of us to be a grown man (or woman) and provide. All the whining get's old.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    My kids, my cousin's kids, my nieces and nephews aren't lacking for .22LR to shoot. If you didn't stock up, It's out there to be bought. Even at $60 for a bulk pack, it's still the cheapest ammo going.

Take all the "I stocked up and you should have too" as a lesson learned and start laying in a little bit every week or month. That's not just ammo, but any commodity item that could be in short supply. Nobody should have to tell you to go stock up on something. Food prices are going up. The price of everything is going up. Figure out what's important to you, plan your work and then work your plan. If you can't figure it out on your own, especially if you're a member here, it should cause you to reassess your general awareness.

It's on each of us to be a grown man (or woman) and provide. All the whining get's old.

I think if you would have posted this alot sooner we could have avoided the last 9 pages. :)

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I buy 22lr on a regular basis online and locally, when I can find it under $0.10/round shipped or $0.08/round local. It's out there, just have to be diligent and spend the time. GM ship-to-store is awesome for eliminating shipping costs but they seem to rarely have 22lr available.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I get emails almost daily for .22LR in current promotions from various venders. If the price is right including shipping...I order. If total is more than I want to pay...I don't place an order. This is available to anyone. One semi-local lgs in this weeks ad has two brands on sale. The highest priced one is just a shade over 8 cents plus tax. If I am in WalMart or any place that sells ammo, I check but I don't drive around or go out of my way to look. I have a several year supply. No excuse for anyone to be out if they really want some without paying flipper price.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Yeah, but buying online is too hard. OP wants it when he wants it, where he wants it, and for a low price like back in the '80's. It's all very understandable.

View attachment 30470
    Yes, that's what I understand. Common mentality in today's world...you need to do this so that I can have that. It seems all too often that common sense has left town with personal responsibility along for the ride.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Tell all this to the folks running camps who are unable to supply ammo for their youth groups. Seems few here support any youth groups in the shooting sports. Like I stated, this will harm this sport in the future.

As far as the statement about .22's still being the least expensive ammo out there, my reloads cost less than .02 cents each.

Top Bottom