• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    In about 2 weeks I hope to be purchasing one or the other. I don't have gobs of money to throw into NFA but I do know that this is a lifetime purchase. I already have YHM mounts so that's what I'm looking to stick with. Wondering if the more knowledgeable can help me rationalize the extra $300 for the Saker or convince me that the YHM is the better money spent. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    No experience with the YHM. I have a Saker in jail that I've gotten to play with a few times. At the time of purchase I was considering the Saker or the Specwar which was by many accounts a db or two quitter than the more expensive can. I like its aesthetics but the two things that pushed me over to the Saker were the MAAD mount and the replaceable end cap. They did a great job with the mount and if switching it out is important to you, I'd highly recommend it. To me the cap is a plus as there would be less down time if I had an end strike. Finally, I've heard nothing but great things about Silencerco's customer service and based on my own experience with them I have no doubt they would take care of me if anything ever happened.

They just announced a shorter version of the Saker called the Saker K, so prices on the original may come down a bit. Eventually, I'll own a Saker 762.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i have a yhm qd...love it. i shoot the **** out of it with my m16 no issues. i think ssnfa had one with 10k rounds through it full auto still sounded great.

mines not that high but ill get there.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm currently drooling over a Saker 7.62. look at the specs between the 556/762 cans. I realize there is a size/weight difference, but if you arent too picky, getting the 7.62 can and shooting 556 through it really doesnt change any performance (on paper anyway). Just a thought. I really like the Trident mount, seems like it works pretty well. good luck with the choice! probably one of those questions with no wrong answers.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I bought a Saker 762. You can change the 762 endcap to a 556 endcap for even better supporession. If you see the review by silencershop.com, they actually measured lower report out of the Saker 762 with 556 endcap than with the Saker 556. Plus, if you ever build / buy a longer range rifle, then you have a can ready to go for it also (which is my plan).

Also, the attachment side of the Saker is modular. You can have a direct thread, AAC 56T, and/or Silencerco mount. So you can switch the mounting interface without having to buy another can.

Top Bottom