• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedywillie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Fishers, IN
    I've been looking at the side by side, but seems the over/under's are priced higher in the few shops that I've been in. Is this just coincidence that I was looking at higher end guns or is there a real difference? What is recommended?

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    I've been looking at the side by side, but seems the over/under's are priced higher in the few shops that I've been in. Is this just coincidence that I was looking at higher end guns or is there a real difference? What is recommended?

What is recommended is largely dependent on what you're trying to accomplish. Are you looking to use the gun for hunting? Or shooting sporting clays? Or home defense? If you can tell us a little more about what you're interested in using it for, we can give you much better feedback / advice.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Personally, I have never been able to shoot well with any double barrel. Usually I am ahead of the target. I have fire some very expensive as well as common guns, couldn't hit worth a darn with any of them. Tried many different stances, and took much advice - no help. I can do quite well with just about any pump or semi-auto. Been shooting for over 50 years. Just gave up on the doubles many years ago! You might want to borrow or rent one - and try out a pump at the same time. You will then know how the guns "feel" and shoot for you.

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    You see a lot of o/u on the ranges and generally the sxs in the field. Big advantage hunting for the sxs, doesn't have to open nearly as far to reload.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    You won't see many SxS at the trap, skeet and sporting clay ranges now days. For serious shooters it's the O/U, most people like the single sighting plane.

Dave

Top Bottom