• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcleven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Whiteland
    I did a little shooting this past weekend and just getting around to posting it here. This was my second time out with her. To be completely honest I was too embarrassed the first time out to post...lol This time was MUCH better! My first time out I was really disappointed with myself. I knew I wasn't doing this gun any justice. I still have a lot of work to do but here it is...

8 rounds @ 10 Yrds. 230 gr. FMJ
    I'm shooting a little low/right consistently. Open to hearing any input that may put me closer to center...

P6302287.jpg

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    you should give me the gun :D

have you tried different kinds of ammo? check finger position on the trigger.

You could have someone watch you shoot or film yourself so you can see if you are pulling or jumping or anything.

That's really a sweet pistol. I get jealous everytime I see one.

bcleven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Whiteland
    you should give me the gun :D

have you tried different kinds of ammo? check finger position on the trigger.

You could have someone watch you shoot or film yourself so you can see if you are pulling or jumping or anything.

That's really a sweet pistol. I get jealous everytime I see one.

Thanks for the offer Bad V8 but I don't see how giving you my gun will make me a better shot.:dunno:

I used some of my dads 180 grain reloads to start with. I couldn't hit anything but I used it to get a little more comfortable with the feel of the gun and the trigger pull. When I went stricktly to the 230 FMJ I started shooting much better. I've got about 60 rounds down the pipe now.

Next time I get up to Fort Fun I'll get hold of you. If you happen to be up there maybe we can do some shooting and you can give me some pointers.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Does that have something to do with your trigger pull? I think that is where the rounds hit when you flinch.

Are you new to .45? I tend to do that with .40. So bad that I pretty much gave up the caliber until I can reload a lighter round.

bcleven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Whiteland
    This helped me a lot.

Help-RHHandgun1.gif

I like this. Think I'll print it out and keep it with me when I shoot. My first time out I was all over the place, anticipating the shot and jerking all over the place. I felt much more confident and relaxed this time out making me think this target map may be right on the money. This thing has a very long trigger pull. The only other .45 I've shot is a Colt 1911 govt model with a bunch of work done to it. VERY different feel...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Thanks for the offer Bad V8 but I don't see how giving you my gun will make me a better shot.:dunno:

I used some of my dads 180 grain reloads to start with. I couldn't hit anything but I used it to get a little more comfortable with the feel of the gun and the trigger pull. When I went stricktly to the 230 FMJ I started shooting much better. I've got about 60 rounds down the pipe now.

Next time I get up to Fort Fun I'll get hold of you. If you happen to be up there maybe we can do some shooting and you can give me some pointers.

Where did you go shooting? I'm only about 5 miles south of Whiteland. Let me know, I can watch to see if you are flinching or squeezing the entire gun.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I had one in about the first 10 rounds using a lighter reload. I just attributed it to a bit of a break in period. I haven't had any trouble since.
    Yea well keep an eye on it, This particular gun is known for haveing some extractor issues. great gun just firgured I'd mention it, if it dose present any problem, Sig took care of my cousin very well :)
    note" me and my cousin took this exact gun out shooting, this is before my G/F had her sig and she was shooting my beretta, me and the Cuz were shooting okay but she picked up that 220 and out shot us both with it;) I about tucked my head between my legs. She's like 5'1 a buck10 and her only complaint about shooting the .45 was how fast she could reset for the next shot due to the recoil.

Top Bottom