• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    I have and am extremely happy with my CZ P07. I have always been crazy for the Sig 226. Does anyone have any comments or thoughts on trading the CZ for the Sig?

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I had a 229 that I enjoyed shooting... but it has a very high bore axis compared to the CZ. Plus, unless you get the E2 grips, the sig will be a fatter grip than the CZ.... Nothing like a glock 20/21, but still larger. Ive owned a few czs (include some custom 75s) and fell in love with CZ firearms. I currently own the big brother to the p07... the P09. Man i love this thing. If you wanted to "upgrade" to a full size duty pistol, and love the feel, low bore axis, and trigger of the P07... take a look at the P09, or the SP01 if you want a metal gun w/ a rail. While i enjoyed shooting the sig, I lost interest in it and got a good trade for something else.
    So really, SIGs are great, very nice trigger, shoot very well, etc. Bore axis is a killer though, plus (to me) the sig does not feel as good in the hand. CZs and the HK P30 are the king of ergos for me. People will complain about the short slide of the CZ and tell you to get the Sig, but since you already shoot a CZ, then that training issues does not apply.

Besides my opinion, ask others that reply with SIGs if you can try one out, or find a range that you can rent one. Once you get the itch to get something, its really hard not to get it, unless you can try it out for yourself.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I've had many CZ 75 variations including and not limited to an EAA witness P Carry in 9mm and in 10mm, a Canik Shark FC in 9mm, a Sar B6 Steel frame full size in 9mm, a EAA witness elite match in .45, and a few others. I also have a Sig p226 and I've owned a sp2022.
    JWAS hit the nail on the head speaking of CZ's bore axis. The in frame slide style has some of the best recoil response amd management I've ever felt in any pistols. The Sig is a big Bertha but still recoils rather light due to the immense weight, but there is definite muzzle flip over the CZ variants.
    I'm a Sig man at heart and always carry one. The quality and function are just unmatched IMO. Both are absolute excellent duty, range, and bedside guns. There's nothing they can't do when it comes to a pistol. You'll be satisfied either way, but imo, like stated before, I'd shoot one before you buy. A Sig is a $800+ mistake if you don't like it... and a CZ is $500+. Make sure you like what you buy when it comes to that kind of money lol.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Well, your going to find more aftermarket support for the P226 compared to the PO7. The P07 is a good pistol, it just hasn't been around for the 20+years that the 226 has.

If you have the Sig bug and you plan on carrying it, take a look at the P229 as well.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bought a 226 dark elite .40 as one of my first handguns. I convinced myself to try one of the rental 226s at popguns shooting range in Indy. After shooting one box of ammo through the rental I went out and ordered the elite version from Northern Firearms. As you can tell from my username....I'm a big big fan. They are a little chunky but its full size protection and I think the elite series is a pretty good deal for around the typical 800ish price tag they bring. Upgrades from the traditional 226 Front strap checkering, adjustable night sights, aluminum grips, short reset trigger, and an upswept beavertail. JWAS is correct, the bore axis is really high. The pistol is really easy to shoot accurately and you owe it to yourself to check one out at a local range. I know nothing of CZ's. I have a buddy with a 75 and he loves it (I've never shot it). For what its worth I think my Sig is the only pistol I wouldn't trade or sell given the right offer.

SwiftStorm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Kokomo
    Thanks for all the replies. Great info. The grip size comment was a nice thought. Part of the reason I am Sig wishful is that I enjoy shooting my dad's Sig 225. It is a real easy shooter and fun to shoot all day.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm definitely a CZ fan as well. I have a 9mm 75 P-01 that shoots like butter, and feels like a lump of warm clay in my hands, just love the ergos of it! I do like the grip angle on the Sigs I've held, they seem to point very naturally for me... but I'm pretty certain my next purchase will be one of the new 2014 CZ P-07 models when I can find one.

In fact, if someone DOES run across one of the new 2014 P-07 models, I'd love to know where!

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm definitely a CZ fan as well. I have a 9mm 75 P-01 that shoots like butter, and feels like a lump of warm clay in my hands, just love the ergos of it! I do like the grip angle on the Sigs I've held, they seem to point very naturally for me... but I'm pretty certain my next purchase will be one of the new 2014 CZ P-07 models when I can find one.

In fact, if someone DOES run across one of the new 2014 P-07 models, I'd love to know where!

I think, so far, you can only find them online. Even then you have to be very careful about what model you are actually getting. I am torn between getting a new model or getting a really good deal on one of the older ones. Even those are really excellent guns.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I think, so far, you can only find them online. Even then you have to be very careful about what model you are actually getting. I am torn between getting a new model or getting a really good deal on one of the older ones. Even those are really excellent guns.

They *seem* to be trickling in. Bradis recently had one of the new ones, but it found a home before I got a chance at it. They also had a new Rami that was tempting, but I'm really holding out for the P-07. And agreed, definitely a good idea to give it a good look to make sure you're getting the new P-07 and not the previous "Duty" model, though that is a fine gun IMO as well.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    If you are paying $800 for a new Sig 226, then you are paying WAAAYYY too much. Look into an used one. They can be found for way cheaper online on GB. I picked up a W. German '89 226 for under $400 in super nice shape. If you are buying an used 226, make sure you inspect the frame rails for any wear.Guide to Sig Sauer pistol inspection :: Grayguns by Bruce Gray For the ~$500 price point, there is really no comparison between a 226 and Polymer P-07. The Sig has a better out-of-the box trigger especially in SA. I do own 3 CZs and 6 Sigs, so I know from experience about the triggers. My Sigs get carried while the CZs get left behind and sometimes shot occasionally. YMMV

Top Bottom