• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOWLEFT1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    I received a Sig 250C for Christmas. I shot it for the first time last night. After shooting all in the magazine (slide locked back) I set the gun down, loaded the magazine, and when I put the magazine in and hit the bottom of it to seat the magazine. The slide slamed shut. I did not hit the slide release button or did I have my hand near it. It did it every time I hit the magazine rather hard. Is the ok or is there a problem with the gun. Thank you

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Some guns just "do this"...

Some folks think it's a "feature" - others think it's annoying.

You MAY have a weak slide stop spring. Or it could be that the 250c is just one of those guns that'll let the slide go when ramming a mag home.

I know that the M&P pistols are notorious for having this happen. I'm still debating with myself whether or not I like this feature or not.

-J-

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Some guns just "do this"...

Some folks think it's a "feature" - others think it's annoying.

You MAY have a weak slide stop spring. Or it could be that the 250c is just one of those guns that'll let the slide go when ramming a mag home.

I know that the M&P pistols are notorious for having this happen. I'm still debating with myself whether or not I like this feature or not.

-J-

What Indy-Guy said. It happens.

My MP9 does this, and I don't like it at all.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My MP9 does this, and I don't like it at all.

Last class I took - I didn't shoot enough rounds in a string to work on reloads. :n00b: I'm quite certain my pistol does this.

As I said, my opinion hasn't been fully formed yet. One hand - I don't like the pistol to do anything that I don't tell it to do. Other hand - it's quicker into action of the slide closes on it's own - but there's no guarantee of a round being chambered.

I think in another thread about this - someone mentioned that one should go ahead and perform an overhand rack on the slide anyhow - just in case a round didn't chamber. That in today's market with 17rd mags, spending 1 rd to be sure that the 2nd round IS chambered is pretty cheap insurance. Plus it keeps your movements / actions the same if you do this.

-J-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I have a 250c in 9mm and it will do this every once in a while, usually when I've been shooting it for a few minutes and it get loosened up. Personally, I like it but I still move my hand to perform the overhand rack in case it doesn't do it automatically.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    It's most likely a weak spring. I just looked through my armorers manual for the 250 and sig recommends replacing that spring every 10k rounds. It's not recommended but you could try to stretch that spring a little.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Could also be that the slide stop (or the notch) is rounded off from wear or the previous owner using it as a slide release.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Could also be that the slide stop (or the notch) is rounded off from wear or the previous owner using it as a slide release.

I had a Bersa Thunder 380 that did the same thing. It (slide release) was so worn out that the slide would slam home to full battery by just sliding the mag up in the gun. It was a very worn out gun though...I miss that gun :(

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wouldn't call it a feature as much as I would just say... In what case would you insert a loaded magazine without intent to chamber a round?

Not having a round chambered can cost you your life, either in a defensive situation or by psychologically having you negligently handle the firearm thinking it's some how safer.

Top Bottom