• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Very nice im E-filing mine today never used it before so this will be interesting. But so far i found a 551a1 aluminum lower with sig brace (US made) but at least it takes swiss mags, and some swiss 550 handguards they will be cut down and drilled to look like 553 handguards once i locate a handguard retainer. Still on the hunt for a 4 prong US made version of the 552 flash hider (the thread pitch is different) and some diopter sights but i need to let the fund gun build up a little more before i order those. So hopefully ill be able to find a reasonably affordable stock once the form 1 comes back about $350 for a swiss stock (i wonder if take off US made ones are available) it will help with the 922R.

Nice! Post some pics

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I had the swat version several years ago and have some regrets for selling it. The pros, in my opinion, are its trigger, reliability, takes AR mags, and accuracy. Mine shot every conceivable type of crappy 5.56 ammo without a hiccup. The big negative, and the reason I sold mine, as alluded to by others, is the weight. In particular, it's front end heavy due to the gas piston mechanism. I am very fit, but of small stature, and the front heavy weight of that gun fatigued my arm quickly. Although I didn't own an AK at the time I had the Sig 556 my belief based on recollection would be that the Sig feels more front heavy than an AK.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    I had the swat version several years ago and have some regrets for selling it. The pros, in my opinion, are its trigger, reliability, takes AR mags, and accuracy. Mine shot every conceivable type of crappy 5.56 ammo without a hiccup. The big negative, and the reason I sold mine, as alluded to by others, is the weight. In particular, it's front end heavy due to the gas piston mechanism. I am very fit, but of small stature, and the front heavy weight of that gun fatigued my arm quickly. Although I didn't own an AK at the time I had the Sig 556 my belief based on recollection would be that the Sig feels more front heavy than an AK.

It is noticeably heavy, It doesn't really bother me though. Its been accurate so far

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Parts have been rolling in for my conversion im about ready to convert my handguards and retainer over to the 552 style.... but id like to find and swap to the proper 4 prong flash hider while im at it sense it has to come off to remove the gas block.... Quite excited to start!

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Parts have been rolling in for my conversion im about ready to convert my handguards and retainer over to the 552 style.... but id like to find and swap to the proper 4 prong flash hider while im at it sense it has to come off to remove the gas block.... Quite excited to start!

Awesome! Post pics when you get it all together

Top Bottom