• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Buy it! :rockwoot:

I don't see how you could go wrong with a Sig at $800. The scope is just a bonus even if you just sell it.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Wow an 800 buck Sig rifle? GET IT NOW! Last time I went to my local place they were selling it for 1400

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    In this world you get what you pay for, remember that when you buy

A few years ago I wouldve agreed with you. But nowadays as ARs have pretty much become the most popular rifle on the market, things are a little different.

You sure can buy a quality AR for less than $1000.00 bucks. Any of the offering from S&W, Stag, Sig, DSA, or Windham Weaponry and others, are good guns that can be had for > $1000.00.

I only recently found Windham Weaponry (its the old Bushmaster only better than ever) in my research on what new AR to get, to be probably the best of the bunch at under a grand.

Of course anything under a grand is gonna be pretty plain jane, but after market stuff is plentyfull and Magpul is some of the best and cheapest on the market. You can spend $800.00 on the rifle add $200.00 bucks worth of Magpul stuff and end up with a great rifle for around a grand.

Just my :twocents: I could be wrong.

OP I would jump on that Sig! Although at that price the scope is probably junk.

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    In this world you get what you pay for, remember that when you buy

You obviously never handled one of these then. $800 is a steal. It has built-in Ambi QD mounts and an Ambi mag release. People are spending almost $500 just to get the lower on GB. These are great rifles at a superb price point. Just like someone mentioned earlier, there are nothing special about ARs today in the mid-tier. I was comparing my Stag side-by-side the other day next to my Noveske/LMT and there isn't really much of a difference except for the barrel.:twocents:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I bought one of those Sig M400 enhanced with all the magpul accessories etc. for 917.00 at our walmart. It also came with a really nice bag. I've only shot it once so far but going to run some more rounds through it tomorrow and sight in my aimpoint pro. The only negative is the trigger is a little gritty.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    From the Walmart sales flier I picked up at the store yesterday:

NEW*
    $897
    Sig Sauer M400 SRP
    with Prismatic Scope
    * 5.56 NATO/.223 caliber
    * 16" barrel
    * 30 capacity:
    semi-automatic
    * Adjustable LOP stock
    * Includes 3x tactical rifle scope
    * Only at Walmart

sdbran01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Wal-Mart is taking over. There gun selection grows every time I go in for ammo. Can't beat the prices and selection is getting better and better. Only downfall is the knowledgeable staff

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    1:7 twist, 6.5 lbs, comes with a carry handle you can cut for a nice fixed rear sight..

Normally I'm very skeptical - where is the problem here. Does this thing come with a properly staked bolt and FA bcg?

I gave my AR to my sister...... it's been haunting me :D

Jbill1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    South Bend
    Stopped by my local walmart this afternoon. No sig's in stock.They said they could get them if I wanted one. Its hard to pass up at the price.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Wal-Mart is taking over. There gun selection grows every time I go in for ammo. Can't beat the prices and selection is getting better and better. Only downfall is the knowledgeable staff

Next up on Walmart's attempt to corner all markets... destroy the LGS by having better prices. Thats just capitalism by design I suppose.

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Walmart is Awesome, Walmart is America

I am lost. So many people want to bash Walmart. They are an American company offering guns and ammo at great prices. Where else does this happen? Am I missing something? I support the LGS. In fact, I just bought an upper, lower and mags from 3 different LGS's, but will aways shop Walmart. I am thankful that we have so many choices. :rockwoot:

God Bless America

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I may be a little paranoid. That being said, I could see wal-mart purposely trying to put the LGS out of business. Then turn around and take their firearms off the shelf.

Top Bottom