• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    ON THE BOTTOM SIDE OF THE SILIDE WHERE THE SLIDE RUBS ON THE CARTRIGE STILL IN THE MAG THERE IS A BALL DETENT. DOS ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PURPOSE OF THIS IS?? ITS NOT ON THE COLT MUSTANG BUT IT IS ON THE SIGS???

Ian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Noticed that on my 238, just assumed it was to reduce friction, but after a while I noticed a wear line on the rest of the surface. Never really thought about it.

MML

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    It is an alignment hole so you can take the slide stop off which in turn allows the slide to be removed. See page 37 of the 938 manual, the half hole on the slide lines up with a end of the slide stop which is underneath the slide. Kinda complex to describe it is a 1911 thing. If all fails google p938 diassembly and youtbe will have a video.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    It is an alignment hole so you can take the slide stop off which in turn allows the slide to be removed. See page 37 of the 938 manual, the half hole on the slide lines up with a end of the slide stop which is underneath the slide. Kinda complex to describe it is a 1911 thing. If all fails google p938 diassembly and youtbe will have a video.
    its not an alignment hole, its a ball detent, its on the very bottom of the slide not the lower side, i do know about the half hole your talking about, and this isnt it.

MML

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    Ok...just looked at my 938 but do not understand what you mean by ball dent....sorry

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    no yelling. good video audie murphy, u can see it in the video. its in the 6 oclock postition on the slide right under the extractor, right under the firing pin, right behind the bolt face of the silde, it looks like a ball bearing. it is a ball detent, its not ment to be taken off the slide. what i dont know is what its purpose is. its not found on the colt mustangs or a 1911.

Top Bottom